Could you help me?

Which Instant Messenger do you use?

• Total voters

jinxedkitten

Reaction score
Tried browsing the forum but couldn't find a recent thread about this subject ;) I am experimenting with instant messengers and I was wondering which was your favourite kind to use? AIM, YIM, MSN, or something else?

I've heard of Skype but I have no idea what it is ;)

Please share why you prefer this mode of instant messenger so it will assist me in my decision making. Thank you!:ty:

AIM is my choice because was easy to put on my Blackberry and my husband has Sidekick and that is all that seemed to work on it.

Forgot I also have MSN or windows live messenger, but rarely use it.

Skype calls computer to computer like VP for free. And it can call landlines, cellphones, etc. for hearing people, but that is for a fee.

I have AIM and MSN, both of them I use most of the time.

Skype, I am user on this as well, video calling is free, calling to a landline causes a fee, which most of us don't need. It is similar to a computer based videophone and it is free to everyone - wether deaf or hearing!

I have AIM and MSN, both of them I use most of the time.

Skype, I am user on this as well, video calling is free, calling to a landline causes a fee, which most of us don't need. It is similar to a computer based videophone and it is free to everyone - wether deaf or hearing!

That's is what I like about Skype, as I would only do VP with my family, and they are all hearing.

I had used Yahoo IM, but left it altogether. I use SMS on my cell now.

I got about every IM programs out there....

I prefer MSN Messenger since it's easier for me to use, and a lot of my friends use it, but I also use AIM because a lot of Americans prefer to use it for some reason. I gave up on Yahoo, Google Talk and ICQ because not a lot of people use them.

Skype, my sister insisted on it. I will have to see if I actually use it or not.

AIM, Yahoo but I use AIM often since high percentage of my buddy list use AIM.

I haven't used Camfrog but once in a great while I peek there. As for ooVoo, I don't use that site much.

Last edited:
Most people use AIM so...I'm one of them and I use that alot more than YIM and MSN.

Birdie, please don't ever ask me about it. i am in your boat. ;)

I like AIM but no time for AIM. Kids hands are all over my face. lol

I don't use any form of VP since VP keeps messing up with my IP computer. SCREW VPs. =(

I have AIMS, Yahoo and MSN. But, I rarely use them. I don't have all the free time in the world to sit by the computer for hours and chat away with friends like I used to. Times are different now. ;)

Sorry, I've never used instant messaging. :dunno:

I have AIM but don't use IM much. What I do like about AIM is easily being able to make a phone call while signed on.

Vote> Other.. I do rare into my aim instant messaging. :shrug:

I have AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and ICQ. I use AIM on the computer and on mobile phone most of the times. Whenever I am in the mood for Yahoo! Messenger I only use it on my mobile phone.

Back