Could someone please help me out?

Your Mom

Reaction score
I want to get a VP, I really want to be able to talk to my girlfirend and other deaf friends with out being on AIM. My friend keeps telling me that I can get a VP for free, but I didnt know that they would give them for free to hearing people. Im totally ignorant on the whole VP situation. Im willing to buy one, and just want some opinions. I want something easy and user friendly.

any information would help.

Are ya hearing? Ummm you can buy one. But I am not quite sure where at. Let my DHB65 let you know where to get. I think Best Buy. It won't hurt to check it out. :) It is really worth it to have it!

LakeTahoe said:
Are ya hearing? Ummm you can buy one. But I am not quite sure where at. Let my DHB65 let you know where to get. I think Best Buy. It won't hurt to check it out. :) It is really worth it to have it!

Yeah I am hearing, I really want one I dont have a TTY and my cell phone isnt exactly texting friendly so it would be a big help to me.

That does make sense. I'll ask DHB when he is up at 9 30 before he goes to work. :)

Your Mom said:
I want to get a VP, I really want to be able to talk to my girlfirend and other deaf friends with out being on AIM. My friend keeps telling me that I can get a VP for free, but I didnt know that they would give them for free to hearing people. Im totally ignorant on the whole VP situation. Im willing to buy one, and just want some opinions. I want something easy and user friendly.

any information would help.

If you mean VP on TV or can be computer? I have used my Webcam Quickcam pro 4000 and use AIM's video chat ... it work pretty good but smaller screen size.

If you prefer on TV then you can get Dlink and I am not sure where to get it. Of course you have to buy it. They only give them free to deaf people. Sorenson will not sell or give VP to any hearing people even to my mom. Try type Dlink videophone in google and it should come up in www.

If your deaf friends have Sorenson and I think you can use Dlink to call them using IP number I am not sure if that would work.

Your Mom said:
All of my friends have sorenson.

so what if your friends have American Ford vehicles....

What is wrong with any webcam or Dlink VP-1000/2000?

Mookie said:
so what if your friends have American Ford vehicles....

What is wrong with any webcam or Dlink VP-1000/2000?

Dont heckle me and dont be an ass.

I asked for opinions, which I have gotten and which I am thinking about I dont need your snide remarks.

Thank you for your input though.

I merely mentioned that my friends have sorenson because I dont know that I want to go through the extra hassle of the IP gateway, and I dont want a webcam or id just stick with using AIM anyway.

I am giving d-link considerable thought, but first and foremost as I mentioned I just want it to be user friendly and simple. I am familiar with sorensons, my freinds have them and I am used to using them, therefore me not having to make any big transition between them.

Thanks for starting this thread--I've been wondering about this myself since I'm also hearing. I would like to be able to sign to my long-distance deaf friends than type to them all the time.

sorenson also has a software on the site envisionsl i think that works pretty good. With a web cam.

Soonersseth said:
sorenson also has a software on the site envisionsl i think that works pretty good. With a web cam.

Thank you I really do appreciate your non biased opinions and help.

Hey Sorenson!

Now you see hearings here and my mom that know signs wanted VP100/VP200 so let them have them so they can talk to us deafies! Don't be shelfish bastards!

I didn't know that VP was only for the deaf , I thought anyone could get one?

:dunno:

NascarZing said:
Hey Sorenson!

Now you see hearings here and my mom that know signs wanted VP100/VP200 so let them have them so they can talk to us deafies! Don't be shelfish bastards!

haha exactly, jaxon (my girlfriend) knows the local VP guy and shes going to try to talk to him to get me one, i hope it works out.

and no VP isnt only for deaf, but i think at times only deaf can get them for free and i havent ever seen sorensons for sale.

Your Mom said:
haha exactly, jaxon (my girlfriend) knows the local VP guy and shes going to try to talk to him to get me one, i hope it works out.

and no VP isnt only for deaf, but i think at times only deaf can get them for free and i havent ever seen sorensons for sale.

I have asked Sorenson that I would like to buy one for my mom so she and I can talk on VP and plus she would be able to see my daughter. Sorenson said no and they said they cant sell or give to hearings but only to deaf people with highspeed. I figured out why because they want us to use VRS talking to hearings so they can make money doing that.

NascarZing said:
I have asked Sorenson that I would like to buy one for my mom so she and I can talk on VP and plus she would be able to see my daughter. Sorenson said no and they said they cant sell or give to hearings but only to deaf people with highspeed. I figured out why because they want us to use VRS talking to hearings so they can make money doing that.

thats crappy.

NascarZing said:
Hey Sorenson!

I agreed!!! My man's family lives in MD.. we live in MN.. they would love to have VP so we do too.. so my brother too..

whats more.. if we are at parents' house.. I need get on VP to get in touch with my babysitter or relay than rely on my parents to call for us..

:-/

Back