Cornbread

sunflowergal

Reaction score
Cornbread taste better than restaurant. I don't like to eat dry cornbread from restaurant. I made homemade cornbread and I taste it better. :)

Cornbread

1 cup milk

1/4 cup stick margarine or butter, melted

1 large egg

1-1/4 cup yellow cornmeal

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches, with shortening.

Beat milk, margarine and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until floor is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy it. :)

I love cornbread with smoked pinto beans and sweet onions. And with a side of fried okra. MMMMMM. And of course with iced sweet tea. That's an Arkansas kinda meal. :)

Cornbread taste better than restaurant. I don't like to eat dry cornbread from restaurant. I made homemade cornbread and I taste it better. :)

Cornbread

1 cup milk

1/4 cup stick margarine or butter, melted

1 large egg

1-1/4 cup yellow cornmeal

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches, with shortening.

Beat milk, margarine and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until floor is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy it. :)

Butter will make it crumbly, instead, substitute 2 heaping tablespoons of mayo for butter, this will come out more like a cake texture! ;) Leave the butter as an optional spread after baking it.

Back