Cool video that Ive always liked from a few years ago...

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
some of you may have seen it, some of you may have not. But although it doesnt have CC, you can still get what the song is about, plus there's an ASL bonus as well where the the guy stops singing the chorus and signs it instead. For the record yes I know the lyrics of this song and what he's signing in the chorus.

Heres the link to the video on YT:
[yt]6uB4lT5CblA[/yt]
YouTube - Savage Garden - Crash 'n' Burn

Nice song; great effort.

I find it interesting to note that the Aussie sign for light is, in American Sign Language, dark. Or is it?

I am not familiar with AUSLAN so I am not sure, perhaps jclarke would be of more help in that dept that I am. I am only familiar with ASL.

I think I'll go email the guy now and tell him he signs pretty, lol. I think he would get a kick out of it. :D (OK actually I dont have the guy's personal email, but I can tell you his name is Darren Hayes. Great singer. He was very popular when he was in the Savage Garden group/band. But SG split in 2000 I think and in 2002/2003 Darren made his solo debut with the SPIN album, and has since released "The Tension and The Spark" and "This Delicate Thing We've Made." Just last year he started his own record label "Powdered Sugar".

Sorry if Ive bored you with useless info, oh and for the record, Darren Hayes is an Australian native. Born and raised in Queensland if I am correct on which state.

BTW the actual lyric is
"fly away with you into the night" so I think perhaps he is using DARK for night for conceptual purposes. I do know for the making of the video he worked closely with an ASL terp to learn the signs.

I really like it. We can ask Jake...can you tell us excalt what he says in sign? Just a few signs I wasn't sure...He did great job in signs. Lovely.

I really like it. We can ask Jake...can you tell us excalt what he says in sign? Just a few signs I wasn't sure...He did great job in signs. Lovely.

you want me to write out the signs as signed in the video you mean??

I ONE CALL SUPPOSE YOU JUMP I CATCH YOU LIFT YOU IN DARK I FLY WITH YOU SUPPOSE YOU BREAK, I FIX HEART, SUPPOSE YOU CRASH, CRASH BURN YOU NOT ALONE.
(if Ive made a mistake please forgive me but those are the signs I see and can rapidly recall and process)

The actual lyrics are:
Let me be the one you call
If you jump I'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash, then crash and burn
Your'e not alone.

notice the new siggy??? :wink: :wink:

Back