• I can't cook.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don't eat turkey.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Liebling:-))) said:
Of course Roast Turkey...

I never see anyone who try with deep dry or smoked turkey in my life... :eek2:

This is an example of deep frying a turkey.

This is how a turkey is smoked.

If you order, from your grocery store or butcher, a fresh turkey, this is the way to go, as who knows when the frozen turkey was butchered? :confused: Secondly, my late-greatgrandmother had an aluminium roaster that I now have and use every time. I will not sell it, :nono: even to an aunt who has expressed interest in having it. I won't even let her borrow it and she knows better than to ask. :nono:

When I prepare my turkey, I use honey with cinnamin in it, which has been purchased by a local bee keeper (don't remember the technical name for a bee keeper). I also baste, have only (stressed ONLY) the honey and cinnamin all over the turkey, and use ONLY bottled water for the liquid, nothing more. Oh, and when I put the honey mixture on the turkey (in the roaster), I wear rubber gloves. I've had turkey different ways, even used frozen this same way, but fresh is the way to go. :thumb:

Did I mention that I'm a guy...which means that the women get to eat their hearts out that a man beat them in the kitchen! :D

Of course Roast Turkey...

I never see anyone who try with deep dry or smoked turkey in my life... :eek2:

You will see that if you go through the Deep South. I like the smoked turkey myself.

Tousi said:
Reba, such a non-traditional method I hadn't imagined you using; however, I've heard it's really yummy and have been wanting to try this for a few years now and haven't gotten around to it.
It's fairly common in this area. The only real problem is dopey people who set up their deep fryers in their garages and set fire to their houses!

It is yummy and quick. We usually cook two medium size turkeys instead of one large one. Twice as many wings and drummies, and you can start eating on the first one while the second one is cooking. You can also use different marinades for each bird.

Thank you, Reba but that bird's the end result. I was hoping, for Leibling, pictures of the actual pot...like one image depicting someone lowering the bird in that peanut oil, an image of the burner, base, etc....Oh, and by the way, Good Morning!

Reba... Yummy about deep fry turkey with
peanut oil (seem very delicious) I'm hungry now...

I understand it's NOT a good idea to use
the deep fry in the garage or on the wood deck.
Now, I begin to wonder where
is a good place to use the deep fry ?

Y said:
...Now, I begin to wonder where
is a good place to use the deep fry ?
Just out on a flat area of the lawn, not close to anything flamable.

Reba said:
Just out on a flat area of the lawn, not close to anything flamable.

:gpost:

I concur. Have a fire extinguisher nearby and everything that Reba said.

ButterflyGirl said:

This is an example of deep frying a turkey.

This is how a turkey is smoked.

:jaw: Thank you for add example pictures... I would not do that... :barf: tooooo grease.... if I use deep frying ...

I would not use smoked turkey because it must add a lot of salt... :barf:

I prefer oven... :D

Thank you for add example pictures... I would not do that...tooooo grease....if I use deep frying ...
The turkey is stood upright after cooking (open end facing down), and the oil drains out of the cavity, and off the skin side. It doesn't taste "greasy".

After Hubby pulls the turkey out of the fryer, the oil level only goes down about a half inch.

Peanut oil is a monounsaturated fat (similar to olive oil):

http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/1830008.html

Back