constant headaches?

lovezebras

Reaction score
Anyone get constant headaches from listening? I feel like I try to hard to listen and hear well that I've been getting headaches quite frequently ...also my tinnitus has been roaring as well and I find I can't sleep at night but I can during the day due to the world just being noisier during the day if that makes sense? anyone else have these problems? :hmm:

I can so relate. I to get a massive headache after hours trying to lipread and now when I take my CI off. My tinnitus is really bad all the time. When I finally lay down in bed I get fireworks popping, a radio station and a car alarm sound. I doze and wake on and off all night. Usually after 5-6 hours I just give up and go downstairs. I am sorry you have to deal with this too. I pray for silence:-(

I get horrible headaches and am just exhausted by the end of the day. I feel like I spend all of my energy on trying to fill in all the bits of sounds that I miss. My tinnitus is also really bad. I sleep with a fan on high by my head and that helps some (despite driving my partner crazy. he's started sleeping with earplugs now). My brain gets so used to trying to fill in the blanks during the day that sometimes I start "hearing" singing or music in the noise of the fan. I've taught my brain to try to make sense out of meaningless sounds, so it just makes stuff up i guess. Its so frustrating!

My whole day is filled with noises, right now I hear the firecrackers popping in both ears, a chinese radio station that is not tuned in properly, a grandfather clock bong bong bong. I am in the quietest room in the house and I can not fall to sleep due to the noise. Miserable to think that this can last a lifetime. It looks like there is no cure anywhere near getting developed. Do you ever feek like it could get to the point of driving you crazy??!

I experience horribles bad day! I am experience annoy hearing aid give me worst to terribles usually become feeling heavy headache I am very feeling numberous on serious worst to become headache, I don't understand, It is rough for me!

if suppose give me , no reason what how feeling I do impossible I am not understand I know complication for me

Headaches can get very annoying, hopefully one day it will all be over. One can wish right?

You may have migraine.
People with migraines are prone to have pain episodes from exertion, and straining to listen is exertion.
Also, the noise - you may not realize that but actually you may be sensitive to the sound you listen to. It also can be a HA (headache) trigger (the sound).

Have you ever been to a dr regarding your HAs?
It's important to determine what type of headache disorder you have so you can be treated properly.

Fuzzy

I've been having awful migraines. I can't get my hearing aids any louder and dr can't turn them up anymore. I strain to hear now. Next week I go to dr for follow up to see if I'm getting a CI . I've been taking lots of migrain pills from Dr.

I had a difficult headache this morning b/c I got shitfaced last night. :lol: and drove to Canton half drunk this morning. I stopped at the gas station and people were buyin a lot of beer AT 10AM!!..canoe business town.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

DeafTim said:
I had a difficult headache this morning b/c I got shitfaced last night. :lol: and drove to Canton half drunk this morning. I stopped at the gas station and people were buyin a lot of beer AT 10AM!!..canoe business town.

You drove half drunk ?

You're proud of that?
I'd think you'd be bloody embarrassed and ashamed.

Drunk drivers are morons. They put innocent people at risk and kill thousands of people a year.
Too bad you didn't get pulled over by the cops.

Disgusting.

Last edited:
My headaches have been better..not as bad since I got a massage last week. I think me carrying so much tension in my neck and shoulders was making it worse!

You drove half drunk ?

You're proud of that?

Drunk drivers are morons. They put innocent people at risk and kill thousands of people a year.

Disgusting.

Save it,potty mouth. A lot of people drive and work hungover..A lot of cops were at the museum and one directed me to the location after we got off of shuttle bus. None of the cops had a problem wit me. :ty:

DeafTim said:

You drove half drunk ?

You're proud of that?

Disgusting.

Save it,potty mouth. A lot of people drive and work hungover..A lot of cops were at the museum and one directed me to the location after we got off of shuttle bus. None of the cops had a problem wit me. :ty:

That's suppose to make anyone feel better?

Just sad.

Even more disgusted that you seem to actually think what you did is ok and "normal".

I have to ask because my headaches have gotten to where I can't work. Do any of you applied and got ss because of it

Should one consider a doctor-ENT or neurologist?- to determine what-if any-can "help" one with the "medical problem"?

i a migraine sufferer it come on with certain triggers and lip reading is one of them...after all these years deaf i still poor lip reader...i always up chuck when got head ache,severer head aches i think one most disabling thing you can have in my opinion

I get some headaches every now and then if I'm in a environment then what I'm use to. When I have a cold, I tend to feel off balanced as well, since I don't really have an ear drum >.>

i suffer meniers also epilepsy both them things cause head aches,my life haults when i get head ache and it hard for me make definate appointments incase of head ache...most people who lip read can pick up 30/40% of conversation i went to rehabilitation after deaf and i was useless they said as years go by i get better but it not. if i know the person and they speak slow and exaggerate then not so bad.

Back