considering getting a rondo

runner6771

Reaction score
I have an opus 2 and I'm eligible to get a new processor. I was considering going with the rondo as I don't really like the opus 2 hanging on my ear all day. I heard that people don't hear as well with the rondo as they do with the opus 2. I was just looking for some feedback from people who have had both.
Also I understand that Med El is coming out with Bluetooth and some new program that is suppose to help noise. It also is suppose to change volume depending on how much noise is already in the room. It would get louder as the volume in the room increases.
The new stuff isn't out yet but some of it is due to be out this spring.
they do offer a hearing loop with the CI processor until the blue tooth is approved.
Also how long does the battery last on the mini with just the two batteries.
thanks for any feedback you might have.
runner

I have an opus 2 and I'm eligible to get a new processor. I was considering going with the rondo as I don't really like the opus 2 hanging on my ear all day. I heard that people don't hear as well with the rondo as they do with the opus 2. I was just looking for some feedback from people who have had both.
Also I understand that Med El is coming out with Bluetooth and some new program that is suppose to help noise. It also is suppose to change volume depending on how much noise is already in the room. It would get louder as the volume in the room increases.
The new stuff isn't out yet but some of it is due to be out this spring.
they do offer a hearing loop with the CI processor until the blue tooth is approved.
Also how long does the battery last on the mini with just the two batteries.
thanks for any feedback you might have.
runner

If you are going to be interested in Bluetooth, then you are going to need a Sonnet. Your Opus 2 will not be compatible and neither is Rondo. The Sonnet has the 2.4 Ghz chip required to connect to Bluetooth accessories. The Rondo is marketed as being similar, but fine-print clarifies that it is simply the telecoil, which is NOT on par with the wireless solutions of today. As always, you will be required to use a gateway device with the Sonnet. Bluetooth is not built-in to the processor.

As for not hearing as well with the Rondo, I can only share my experience as an AB user that shares the same headpiece mic location. We actually have 3 different location choices with the Tmic being the most natural sounding due to the placement at the ear canal where sound is collected naturally by the ear and directed to that point. Second best is the standard BTE Mic location at the top of the ear as found on hearing aids. Finally, there is a headpiece mic. When I use the headpiece mic, I do require more volume to compensate for the openness of the sound. You should be able to do the same. It IS nice to have an option that gets everything off of your ear while still being able to hear (and not just by clipping the BTE to your clothes which is the only option the other manufacturer has.)

It's a tough decision though. If it were me, I'd be looking at the Sonnet for it's more advanced functionality. You should read over the materials from Med El, then weigh the pros and cons between the two.

http://www.medel.com/sonnet
http://www.medel.com/int/show2013/index/id/1096/title//?versioncode=9d01b757bd

Back