Confusion

Se7en Sinz

Reaction score
Alright, so there's this woman at work that's been flirting with me, not a big issue, however, it seems to be getting more serious. I found out a month or two ago that she was married, again, I already knew that as well but the flirting still kept on. Around the end of last month she had told me that her and her husband are have been separated for about 4 months... even though I have been told that shes just flirting around with me for fun, its seemingly getting more and more serious with the flirting.. my question is, is she being serious bout the flirting or just yankin' my chain? (not that it matters but it's getting to me haha.. and did I mention she's Spanish... speaks some English but not as well)

Dating co-workers can be a dangerous territory to tread on.

Yeah, Banjo, there's something to be said about fishing off the company pier! :lol:

Dating co-workers can be a dangerous territory to tread on.
Correct you are. Even when the "signals" aren't ambiguous, and even if both parties are unencumbered by mates, fraternization at work is risky business.

He also mentioned a language difference, which implies possibly cultural differences, too. Another opportunity to misinterpret actions.

Yea, especially if she is still legally married. Most likely she needs time to recover from the split. Maybe she is testing her waters?

In Texas we say (cleaned up for Reba)

Don't poop where you eat.

That's the only rule you ever really need.

also

Touch a man's truck....he'll punch ya
Touch a man's beer.....he'll shoot ya
Touch a man's wife.....we just don't know...we never saw those fellers again

Ok I made the second one up......But I like it and plan to use it once a day until I see it on TV

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing shel90.. (even though it's still risky business to mix work with a relationship)

TXgolfer: Oh I know... which is why I haven't flirted much with her. But she's not understanding that i'm not going to disrespect someone if they're still legally married.. its not fair to either side of the party.

Speaking of "office romance"...some people work nights, such as hospitals, post office, newspapers, etc., and have "odd days off"...which their social life suffers.....
I remember a lot of "hanky-panky" going on where I worked (nights). Even some couples married....some fought like hell on the job....it went around and around....

Perhaps the lady flirting with you is just "lonely and sexually deprieved"...probably finds you looking sexy ???....(since she's seperated for 4 months)....but all in all, I'd dismiss the whole thing if you want to hang onto ur job and be able to do it without all the pressure.....
Then again, who really knows? She might be the woman for you soon as she says "I'm divorsed"!...

Well I'm ranked above her and chances of me getting fired are extremely slim unless I somehow violate the rules, and to my understanding dating co-workers is not against the rules, but there is a rule that states couples are not allowed to be showing display of affection while at work... ironic eh?

And she might be, who knows... but I stand where I am now, I ain't doing anything until she says she's divorced.

Smart move.....maybe just tell her to give you her number when her divorse is final....

I'll be the first to tell you that relationship at the same work place has high risk for catastrophe. It affects you and your spouse/significant other as well as every other employee as many will want to take somebody's side......It turns into a big mess to say the least....and yes this is how my marriage ended.

I'll be the first to tell you that relationship at the same work place has high risk for catastrophe. It affects you and your spouse/significant other as well as every other employee as many will want to take somebody's side......It turns into a big mess to say the least....and yes this is how my marriage ended.

sound hear about really pretty sound!! impressive great! :D you are good clap clap! I am headache my think hard to reading

Well I'm ranked above her and chances of me getting fired are extremely slim unless I somehow violate the rules, and to my understanding dating co-workers is not against the rules, but there is a rule that states couples are not allowed to be showing display of affection while at work... ironic eh?

And she might be, who knows... but I stand where I am now, I ain't doing anything until she says she's divorced.
Workplace "romance" can cause troubles other than just getting fired. It can effect chances for promotion, work performance, distraction, favoritism, etc. Also, if the romance goes sour, what "joy" it is to see your former lover every day at work to remind you of your break up, or see her with a new beau.

This is definitely something to tread carefully over. At one of my former jobs, one of my coworkers (a manager that was a couple years older than me), got it in his head he wanted to date me after I made it abundantly clear it wasn't going to happen. Long story short it turned into a stalking issue.

I'm not saying that's what will happen to you, but it was a company that allowed dating within the company. You may have the best intentions at heart, but could take it the wrong way or manipulate it to reflect negatively on you to gain something out of it.

So just be really sure and careful how you go about things.

Back