confused

lipreader4life

Reaction score
hey whats up, im in high school and i grew up mainstreamed with a ci. all my gfs have been hearing and i have never met a hot deaf girl according to my standards which are pretty high. I was wondering if there were any attractive deaf girls out there. I dont know if I want to go to RIT in two years if there arent going to be any decent girls there. I heard that theres a 7:3 guy to girl ratio and that is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Im not gonna be in a sausage festival for 4 years unless the girls are smoking.

With a statement like that, you're not going to find anyone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, there are a lot of hot chicks at RIT/NTID. However, half of those hot chicks ended up leaving school because they got knocked up, dropped out, or flunked out.

Since they're hot, they think they can get any guy they want... and that it's "cool" to do drugs and alcohol. So, what's the point of going to school when they're actually "hot". Well, they never got a degree... are living at home as potheads, alcoholics, or single mothers living with their parents.

So, why do you really want to go to college? Do you want to go there for an education or for women? If it's for women, then there's no point in going to college in the first place.

You should change your expectations and let yourself go with the flow. Go to school at RIT/NTID. Join a club/organization and meet other people. Networking will improve your chances of finding someone you will like.

With a statement like that, you're not going to find anyone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, there are a lot of hot chicks at RIT/NTID. However, half of those hot chicks ended up leaving school because they got knocked up, dropped out, or flunked out.

Since they're hot, they think they can get any guy they want... and that it's "cool" to do drugs and alcohol. So, what's the point of going to school when they're actually "hot". Well, they never got a degree... are living at home as potheads, alcoholics, or single mothers living with their parents.

So, why do you really want to go to college? Do you want to go there for an education or for women? If it's for women, then there's no point in going to college in the first place.

You should change your expectations and let yourself go with the flow. Go to school at RIT/NTID. Join a club/organization and meet other people. Networking will improve your chances of finding someone you will like.

I agree with u. There is more to life than hot and sexy people. LOL!

I agree with u. There is more to life than hot and sexy people. LOL!

Yeah me too :lol:

I see that some hot chicks isn't going to college.. Just straight to job too:dunno2:

hey whats up, im in high school and i grew up mainstreamed with a ci. all my gfs have been hearing and i have never met a hot deaf girl according to my standards which are pretty high. I was wondering if there were any attractive deaf girls out there. I dont know if I want to go to RIT in two years if there arent going to be any decent girls there. I heard that theres a 7:3 guy to girl ratio and that is ridiculous. I'm sorry but Im not gonna be in a sausage festival for 4 years unless the girls are smoking.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm Pick you college based on what kind of education you will get!!!!! Worry about girls later!!! Duh!

Ah, the high school mentality . . . dontcha just love it?

Ummmmmmmmmmmm Pick you college based on what kind of education you will get!!!!! Worry about girls later!!! Duh!

I am. Im considering NTID/RIT because of all the services they have. I don't neccessarily care whether my gf is deaf or hearing. It's just that I will be spending four years of my life at whichever college I choose. I find that having a good social life helps me with my schoolwork because I am just happier I guess.

got my whole life in front of me, dont be jealous

And there you have just showed your high school mentality again!

The point we are trying to make is that you do have your whole life ahead of you so do not choose your school based on "smokin" girls, but on the education you will get from going there. Belive me, you'll have your whole life after college to worry about women!!!!

You're spot on, Shermey.

The young man will not be able to grasp this idea, as he thinks he's invincible, as many youngsters do, but that whole life he has in front of him may not be as long as he anticipates, due wholly to the choices he makes.

Insurance actuaries predict the life in front of me to go on another 20-30 years. Some of it is hereditary, as my blood relatives live well into their nineties, but some of how I got to this ripe old age was smarter choices than most. Actuarily, my future is so bright now that I get daily offers for cheaper and cheaper auto and life insurance.

Unfortunately, Lipreader is in a demographic group with the lowest survival rate, particularly in its next decade. Especially with similar attitudes, they stand the greatest chance for serious injury or death. Two examples are their choices of associates and the way they drive.

In fact, my greatest danger is getting too close to arrogant kids, ha ha ha.

Good luck. Don't listen, and you'll need it.

You're spot on, Shermey.

The young man will not be able to grasp this idea, as he thinks he's invincible, as many youngsters do, but that whole life he has in front of him may not be as long as he anticipates, due wholly to the choices he makes.

Insurance actuaries predict the life in front of me to go on another 20-30 years. Some of it is hereditary, as my blood relatives live well into their nineties, but some of how I got to this ripe old age was smarter choices than most. Actuarily, my future is so bright now that I get daily offers for cheaper and cheaper auto and life insurance.

Unfortunately, Lipreader is in a demographic group with the lowest survival rate, particularly in its next decade. Especially with similar attitudes, they stand the greatest chance for serious injury or death. Two examples are their choices of associates and the way they drive.

In fact, my greatest danger is getting too close to arrogant kids, ha ha ha.

Good luck. Don't listen, and you'll need it.

Chasie my dear...........these are the same fools who buy the Ninja type motorcycles and do crazy "stunts" at speeds they need not be going and end up killing themselves.

Chasie my dear...........these are the same fools who buy the Ninja type motorcycles and do crazy "stunts" at speeds they need not be going and end up killing themselves.
That actually happened to a couple NTID students. They were speeding in their cars thinking it was cool and got in accidents. One victim was supposedly paralyzed and another killed from these accidents.

Yup, although I often look back and wish I'd done things differently, I wouldn't want to try to live through those reckless years again. I barely got out of them alive, with plenty of scars to show for narrow escapes.

Youth is like combat; it's only us veterans who can look back and glorify a really insane time.

haha ive never been on a motorcycle in my life. funny how youre calling me reckless while you ride around on a motorcycle yourself. motorcycles are dangerous, one bad pothole and youre dead.

Yup, although I often look back and wish I'd done things differently, I wouldn't want to try to live through those reckless years again. I barely got out of them alive, with plenty of scars to show for narrow escapes.

Youth is like combat; it's only us veterans who can look back and glorify a really insane time.

:rofl:!! ;) Yeah!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is, some of those who have replied here are elders, 'been there, done that', and from their experiences...they're simply painting a picture of choices, options to go for and some of the widely, common choices some have made that put their own futures to an abrupt demise. Choosing a path where all the 'hot girls' are at, takes away the real purposes of attending a college or university. These elders (like myself--haha :cool:) are really simply showing just where and how you could readily improve your chances for your life once your focus is set in the right motion or direction.

Of course, you have every right to choose as you see fit, 'we' just hope you'll make good and wise choices that will benefit you greatly...and then you'll have a whole future ahead of you to fall in a good way. Good luck! ;)

~RR

haha ive never been on a motorcycle in my life. funny how youre calling me reckless while you ride around on a motorcycle yourself. motorcycles are dangerous, one bad pothole and youre dead.

Hi, my friend wrote this and he said, " I rode motorcycle for 20 years and mechanic." Very logical to ride and safe. Use a good judgemental and enjoy riding and feel the freedom. Yes, it is dangerous if you have fear ! speed for death , slow for safety ! Stunt guys are asking for it !!!! They are fearless could be kill . sure... As for me, ride and enjoy it... pot hole is nothing !!!! why motorcycle has shocks ? you guys are funny !

sorry, :topic:

O my... :roll: Well, why bother putting up this thread if you don't know how to listen? Those whose already posted their inputs were not intentionally making any personal attack at you. Obviously, you're confused because I think your priorities are not straight. Good luck.

Hi, my friend wrote this and he said, " I rode motorcycle for 20 years and mechanic." Very logical to ride and safe. Use a good judgemental and enjoy riding and feel the freedom. Yes, it is dangerous if you have fear ! speed for death , slow for safety ! Stunt guys are asking for it !!!! They are fearless could be kill . sure... As for me, ride and enjoy it... pot hole is nothing !!!! why motorcycle has shocks ? you guys are funny !

sorry, :topic:

Ok I sit behind you, and tickle you while we are going about 80 mph, we will be 100% safe! :fingersx:

The point is, some of those who have replied here are elders, 'been there, done that', and from their experiences...they're simply painting a picture of choices, options to go for and some of the widely, common choices some have made that put their own futures to an abrupt demise. Choosing a path where all the 'hot girls' are at, takes away the real purposes of attending a college or university. These elders (like myself--haha :cool:) are really simply showing just where and how you could readily improve your chances for your life once your focus is set in the right motion or direction.

Of course, you have every right to choose as you see fit, 'we' just hope you'll make good and wise choices that will benefit you greatly...and then you'll have a whole future ahead of you to fall in a good way. Good luck! ;)

~RR

Thanks I appreciate the advice

Back