conduct it???

i found google. i dont know how to do it.

How to Remove Mywebsearch: 14 Steps - wikiHow

I've dealt with this on someone's computer. On windows 8, it might have disabled removing programs from control panel. You have to use a startup procedure and uncheck certain programs(I can't find the documentation for it at the moment).

After that, you need to use Hijack this to get rid of browser objects. Finally, you need to use Mozilla config: command to change the home and search screen(if it keeps coming back).

I think that does it(from memory). If I get a chance, I'll take a look at the computer I fixed for my notes(if I see that person tomorrow).

I've dealt with this on someone's computer. On windows 8, it might have disabled removing programs from control panel. You have to use a startup procedure and uncheck certain programs(I can't find the documentation for it at the moment).

After that, you need to use Hijack this to get rid of browser objects. Finally, you need to use Mozilla config: command to change the home and search screen(if it keeps coming back).

I think that does it(from memory). If I get a chance, I'll take a look at the computer I fixed for my notes(if I see that person tomorrow).

yes it still keeps coming back to the homepage (myresearchonline.com) or conducit something.

thank you im not good with computer but am learning, and familiarizing with it but go down there that I have not done it.. thanks

its not my computer. its my friend's computer.

I understand. I just meant you're not the only one dealing with this (even though you're doing it for a friend, trying to help her find a solution.)

I had some malware take over my Firefox browser before, and none of the standard efforts I knew of did any good. I forget what fixed it, but I remember that when I found the solution, it was by doing a search on the particular malware. Other people had had the same experience with it and wrote about it. And it was similar to your friend's. It kept coming back to that page, taking over my searches. If I typed a URL directly into the address bar I was ok, but for searches I was screwed.

I understand. I just meant you're not the only one dealing with this (even though you're doing it for a friend, trying to help her find a solution.)

I had some malware take over my Firefox browser before, and none of the standard efforts I knew of did any good. I forget what fixed it, but I remember that when I found the solution, it was by doing a search on the particular malware. Other people had had the same experience with it and wrote about it. And it was similar to your friend's. It kept coming back to that page, taking over my searches. If I typed a URL directly into the address bar I was ok, but for searches I was screwed.

Understood! Glad you gave the link. It is the same problem where I struggled by fixing the homepage as to be google but clicking on the search url that keeps coming back to the homepage that is not google. ugh

thank you for the link that i know i am not alone about it. whew!!!

Hi ya Frisky!

Your friend's computer is infected with malware and a re-director I think. Mywebsearch will hijack her browser and redirect it somewhere else. It's an easy enough fix, but your friend really needs to get some antivirus and antimaleware software. AVG, Antivir etc...

There are tons of them online and the bulk of them are free.

Hi ya Frisky!

Your friend's computer is infected with malware and a re-director I think. Mywebsearch will hijack her browser and redirect it somewhere else. It's an easy enough fix, but your friend really needs to get some antivirus and antimaleware software. AVG, Antivir etc...

There are tons of them online and the bulk of them are free.

yes you are correct. her computer is filled of infested stuff. :lol: We both know nothing about computer. so I ll tell her to get a trusted friend or professional with costs. :(

thank you. I start to see and understand what you all are talking that puts better pictures in my head what computer is sick. lol

yes it still keeps coming back to the homepage (myresearchonline.com) or conducit something.

thank you im not good with computer but am learning, and familiarizing with it but go down there that I have not done it.. thanks

I didn't meet up with him.. I'll probably get it by Wednesday. You're welcome.

Back