Computer Message Notifier (flashing)

DÆMØN

Reaction score
I've a curious question, particularly regarding windows platforms.

Ever notice how when you're away from the keyboard watching tv or doing something else in the room and someone 'pages you' on an Instant Messenger ( Msn, Yahoo, etc.) client your taskbar blinks but unlike hearies you don't notice until usually too late because the taskbar flashing isn't enough to get your attention?

I have thought about this often...hearies get to hear a beep or some other sound... we have to keep eyes on our taskbars... Wouldn't it be easier to have some kind of USB device that could maybe flash a small strobe light , or maybe a USB adaptor you could plug any sort of novlty device like for example a miniture revolving fire truck sort of bubble light? Any idea if something of this nature exist yet?

There is an option that lets you allow the pop-up window appear instead of only on the task bar. That's more visual.

I like the idea of a USB strobe light....

Windows has some built in features for alerting us when it plays a sound

Go into your controll panel and open Accessability options and click on the sound tab.

DÆMØN said:

Ever notice how when you're away from the keyboard watching tv or doing something else in the room and someone 'pages you' on an Instant Messenger ( Msn, Yahoo, etc.) client your taskbar blinks but unlike hearies you don't notice until usually too late because the taskbar flashing isn't enough to get your attention?

I have thought about this often...hearies get to hear a beep or some other sound... we have to keep eyes on our taskbars... Wouldn't it be easier to have some kind of USB device that could maybe flash a small strobe light , or maybe a USB adaptor you could plug any sort of novlty device like for example a miniture revolving fire truck sort of bubble light? Any idea if something of this nature exist yet?

get eflasher viii from http://http://www.deafworks.com/eFLASHER/about.html

DÆMØN said:

How about something that attaches to your belt kind of like a pager that would start vibrating. Somebody is gonna invent something like this and make a ton of money.

I have eFlash VIII (with wireless), Computer's Aim, E-Mail, any to my eyes at my bedroom!!

and eFlash VII (no wireless) for work only in office alone

rockdrummer said:
How about something that attaches to your belt kind of like a pager that would start vibrating. Somebody is gonna invent something like this and make a ton of money.

Heh that reminds me of yahoo / msn alerts that get sent to blackberry/hiphopsidekick/motorolaT900 rofl.

Back