Compliment or Insult?

Read the first post below, then vote here.

• I consider it a compliment that they forget about me often

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
None of your poll options are something I would choose.

1186-alrighty-then.jpg

Interesting replies so far.

As for your husband.....was he always like that, or did he stop respecting you later? (My guess is that it is his normal self, but your hearing loss later in life brought out his true colors, and you finally got to see them)....

Either way, good thing he will be your ex soon, and you have the rest of the world to choose from!!

I think he's just an idiot :D and yesiree bob!!! I think I'm going to chill on the relationships for bit anyway. I'm going to maybe go out later to The Boathouse for Sunday Funday, there's a live band there, so not the best situation for a deaf/Hoh girl to do any socialiazing but I will perservere haha. I just want to practice my casual flirations ;) Emphasis on casual, I'm learning that when it comes to relationships I need to stop throing myself head first into the deep end, I need to learn to get in all slow like from the shallow end. :giggle: I think when I do that big swan dive into the deep end I hit my head on the bottom and get a concussion and brain damage every single time :giggle: Maybe I should more focus on learing ASL first and deaf guys could become an option :D

I guess it would depend on the person. Like Ambrosia's case with her ex husband, that would suck. If you love and care about someone how could you not be understanding? I mean in his case. Like you really forgot your wife can't hear you? I would assume it would be an automatic second nature to be sure he had your attention first.
I would probably not be so bothered about it around friends or something though because it is not their everyday experience to deal with someone who can't hear them, so I would understand if it slipped their mind. Family I don't know.. It would just depend on how much time you spent with someone, and how much you thought or hoped they cared about you? It would be a real eye opener for me to know that my significant other couldn't remember, or just didn't care about getting my attention before they tried speaking to me. I would want them to be more understanding. Wouldn't it drive them crazy too? To have to repeat everything every time? I would want to save myself the headache of having say everything twice.

Anyways yeah.. My response before sucked because I ws in a place to put real thought into my answer :P

...I guess it would depend on the person. Like Ambrosia's case with her ex husband, that would suck. If you love and care about someone how could you not be understanding?..

Exactly.

...Family I don't know.. It would just depend on how much time you spent with someone, and how much you thought or hoped they cared about you? It would be a real eye opener for me to know that my significant other couldn't remember, or just didn't care about getting my attention before they tried speaking to me. I would want them to be more understanding...

There is no good excuse for people who know you for long time or claimed they love you but not making the efforts.

It does bring out true colors in people, that's sad part. The good part you learn what is important to you, and you seek out people with similar values as it is in my case.

One of our ASL teachers (Deaf) would often slam doors and bang objects together loudly. She made one of the students jump when she did this and told her, "Sorry, forgot you were hearing!"

Maybe I should more focus on learing ASL first and deaf guys could become an option :D

:giggle:

Trust me, if a guy really wants to communicate with you, he will find a way, deaf or not. Just need to find one that actually wants to listen to you....which is the problem with most of us....:aw:

Somewhere along the line I realized that if there is such a thing- that life is about lessons to be learned, then the hearing situation is one of the many for me. I was lucky to have lots of brainpower in the beginning and squandered it like a drunk Alaskan well mainly because I was a drunk Alaskan.
Anyway to not be able to hear is a great leveller for someone who like myself was not humble enough. So through the course of life I have been more or less bashed into a space that is good. I did not think it was so good while it was happening but yep it is.
It is pretty tough to be letting someone know what a dumbass they are and then have to ask them what they said.
I am basically a very curious person. So my need to know what is going on while being way hoh makes me wade through all of my social dysfunctions plus theirs as well. Often it is awkward. But like Green says if people want it it works however they can make it work.
If someone wants to be the opponent rather than the ally? I work around them every way I can and limit my exposure to them. I used to try harder with them but it just makes it worse.

Anyways yeah.. My response before sucked because I ws in a place to put real thought into my answer :P

My questions are really aimed at those of us that are deaf/HOH, not hearing people, as they may think they understand, but in reality, have no idea what we go through.

Back