Comparing with MS Office Suite and StarOffice Freeware Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that CS3 improved small part of the version. I really don't know how much different between them.
Actually, there is one big difference I can think of for Dreamweaver 8 & CS3; Spry Support (Ajax). But, I don't know if it justifies the expense of upgrading, though.
I wonder if it is the same thing for a MS Office 2007 that would allow you to have a 2nd computer per a household.
I don't know about MS Office 2007; I only have the MS Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. In that edition, installation up to 3 computers are permitted.

Damn, the companies are getting stricter aren't they? :hmm:

Damn, the companies are getting stricter aren't they? :hmm:

Yup, MS require us to activate the MS programs on computers, including with windows xp and vista but pre-xp don't have activate like 2000, ME, 98, 95 and version 1-3, plus I hate activate because windows can be installed on one computer per one license.

Apple don't bother me to make activate or not, just nothing to ask me.

Yup, MS require us to activate the MS programs on computers, including with windows xp and vista but pre-xp don't have activate like 2000, ME, 98, 95 and version 1-3, plus I hate activate because windows can be installed on one computer per one license.

Apple don't bother me to make activate or not, just nothing to ask me.

Imagine, that the companies has stored too many activitcation codes! I guess more than a billion of these.

How Mac OS X (10.4) is so slow? You means boot up or load the program? What kind of Mac that you using? G3-G5 or Intel?

It's faster (but some programs are slow to load) on mine since I have Core 2 Duo, also windows vista is boot up so faster via bootcamp too because I don't want install anti-virus or other program to prevent the threat because they will slow my computer down.

I used had XP SP2 with Pentium 4 and it's alittle slow to boot up.

I have used Mac in the university labs - it's an iMac, I think.

I hated the UI in the Office 2004 for Mac - and it only have like 4 apps, which are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage (Outlook-equivalent). I bet the 2008 upgrade would be the same. Yawn.

Compare that with Office 2003/2007 for Windows .... lol I'd take the Windows version in a nanosecond.

Access, Publisher, Visio, FrontPage/SharePoint Designer, OneNote, and all the rest are needed for IT duties - and yes I do use (or have used) all of them.

I have used Mac in the university labs - it's an iMac, I think.

I hated the UI in the Office 2004 for Mac - and it only have like 4 apps, which are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage (Outlook-equivalent). I bet the 2008 upgrade would be the same. Yawn.

Compare that with Office 2003/2007 for Windows .... lol I'd take the Windows version in a nanosecond.

Access, Publisher, Visio, FrontPage/SharePoint Designer, OneNote, and all the rest are needed for IT duties - and yes I do use (or have used) all of them.

Its probably that you tried on iMac that contain Intel and MS Office 2004 isn't support universal and unable to native speed, it only runs under Rosetta, an emulation to allow PPC based apps to work on Intel Mac but I hate to run any PPC based apps under Rosetta, not worth of my time.

MS Office 2008 will support Intel at native speed, along with PPC and it called universal binary.

I had tried to use MS Office 2004 (free trial) and it looks not good to me and rather to use iWork, it cost about $80.

What's wrong with Google's Office? It's free, it open great on excel and word.

Even you can save in there. Of course, not for serious business.

What's wrong with Google's Office? It's free, it open great on excel and word.
You mean Google Docs? I have used it and like the fact that I can work on a word processing document from any computer. However, the editor seems to be HTML-based, and I really haven't used it as much as I have for OO or MS Office to comment on its usability and effectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back