community theatre

rjr2006

Reaction score
Today, I went to a community theatre near my home with a hearing friend who is fluent at ASL. When we went into the theatre, there is no subtitles for the deaf and I tried to enjoy the movie, but my friend asked me if I wanted to leave the theatre and chill with him and a few girls instead. So I decided to hang out, then I felt really angry inside because the community theatre doesn't provide subtitles for the deaf. I am wondering if by ADA, do the community theatres MUST HAVE subtitles for the deaf?

According to ADA and Deaf rights:
GENERAL REQUIREMENT OF TITLE III OF THE ADA

Title III of the ADA generally provides that no individual shall be discriminated against on the basis of a disability of that individual in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any PRIVATE entity who owns, leases (or leases to) or operates a place of public accommodation.

A motion picture house, theater, concert hall, stadium, or other place of exhibition or entertainment

We, Deaf People Shall Not To Be Discriminated By Any Theatres And We Deserve To Have The Right To Be Involved In Entertainment And Some Companies May Not Care About Our Deafness And Other Disabilities. We Can Change This By Writing To Congressmen In Each State And Deafness Shall Not Be Banned By Entertainment!

Write to your congressman at http://www.house.gov/writerep/

WE, DEAF PEOPLE CAN CHANGE THINGS IF WE WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM! GET MAD AT DEAF DISCRIMINATION! MAKE THEM HEAR US AND WE ARE HERE AND WE VOTE!

Last edited:
u can check in deafzone on the website that have caption.

http://www.deafzone.com/welcome/

Bellingham Stadium 14 Regal Cinemas 259 Hartford Avenue Bellingham Massachusetts United States

Methuen Cinemas Loews Cineplex 90 Pleasant Valley Street Metheun, MA 01844 Metheun Massachusetts United States

Swansea Stadium 12 Regal Cinemas 207 Swansea Mall Drive Swansea Massachusetts United States

oops.. tho u live in mass but I was mistake. Here is theatres in conn.

Branford Stadium 12 Regal Cinemas 325 East Main Street Branford Connecticut United States

Danbury Cinemas Loews Cineplex 4-6 International Drive Danbury, CT 06810 Danbury Connecticut United States

Brass Mill Stadium 12 Regal Cinemas 495 Union Street Waterbury Connecticut United States

Back