Communicating with a deaf girl on Friday!

zestymeatballs

Reaction score
I've been learning and teaching my myself american sign language. But where I live (Germany) no one signs, or either they learn European sign language.
I'm not sure if she is deaf or Deaf.

When I'm getting to know her, should I also say the words out loud as I sign?
Any Things I should avoid doing or signing while in her presence?

how old is she? and how did you end up planning to meet her. I know one Deaf gal who married hearing germany guy and they live in germany.

go for it.. you come over as caring person or you would not have posted question.you communication with her she will tell you what best

how old is she? and how did you end up planning to meet her. I know one Deaf gal who married hearing germany guy and they live in germany.

She's 19 and I'm 18.
Met her through an interpreter.

Someone from Germany? Thats interesting. It would be nice to get in touch. :lol:

First, if you don't know her. Why would you want to communicate with her if you hardly knew her? If you happen to meet the same person or another deaf or Deaf or Hard of Hearing person, best is write down on paper with pen or pencil and ask her or him if she/he is deaf or hard of hearing. If she/he is deaf, then ask her if she can sign in German Sign Language or ASL. If she/he said "yes" that she/he can sign. Then you would know that she/he is Deaf. You can sign with her or him to communicate.

I must be going crazy making the sentences like mumbled jumbo. :roll: :lol:

Back