Communicate With The Hearing People...

I've always have communicated with the 'hearing people' as they do--there have been a couple of ocassions where they might ask me if I'm from another country...and seeing that this has not only happened to me, but with other Hoh's and even Deafies...this explains that we have a speech discrimination...in other words, not being able to either pronounce or form the words correctly...yet, in most cases, they can understand us...as for me, I haven't had any difficulties while communicating with any hearing person I've met which I do consider that fortunate and am thankful for as well....

I speak and lip read, sometime I write. it's all depends on me and whom Im speaking to. If it's total stranger, often I'd refuse to use my voice to talk to them. other times, I just force myself to talk to them, even tho they look at me like Im an idiot or something. I speak and lipread with my friends and family... sometime write on paper, when they dont understand me or I dont undy them.. :) I was raised in hearing world up until 4th grade, went to deaf school until high school then went to public HS for 2 year and came back to deaf school in time to graduate there. :) So.. :)

Back