Commercial fishing could be destroyed within 50 years

Yeah... it didn't click in the dangers of overfishing until I found out that 70% of the world relies on the seas for protein subsistence.

Back in april, there was an article speaking of the last domestic Sardine cannery closing in the USA.
It probably won't be long until we rely on imported fish.

But there will always be aquaculture (farming your own fish) available.. it's been gaining a lot of interest this past decade.

Back in april, there was an article speaking of the last domestic Sardine cannery closing in the USA.
It probably won't be long until we rely on imported fish.

But there will always be aquaculture (farming your own fish) available.. it's been gaining a lot of interest this past decade.

Urgh.

Dirty, infected fish.

Problem with aquaculture is that it lends itself to monoculturalism.

Plus they cause harms to the local ecological systems whenever the stocks escape from the pens.

This was new to me. Thanks for bringing it up. I did some reading, and offshore aquaculture seems to be disputed as risky among scientists. It's hazards with pollution and breed, at least with carnivorous fishes. While this maybe can be a solution, I doubt free markets is able to controll offshore aquaculture without doing irreversible damages.

Urgh.

Dirty, infected fish.

Problem with aquaculture is that it lends itself to monoculturalism.

Plus they cause harms to the local ecological systems whenever the stocks escape from the pens.

Yes, I don't eat salmons anymore.

Instead of coming up with new ideas, wouldn't it be simpler to say to the captialists: sorry, we are banning trawlers and making fishing industry local.

The seafood from Gulf of Mexico is going to be less... and more expensive. It will cause a strain on demand/supply.

The seafood from Gulf of Mexico is going to be less... and more expensive. It will cause a strain on demand/supply.

If oil spill in most part of Gulf of Mexico so would gonna be screw up and very limited supply of seafood food.

Sorry I am late to post......was checking into buying chickens.

I guess nobody care about organic shrimp from awesome Texas.

More like nobody like seafood. I guess more food for me.

Back