Comcast On-Demand

dkf747

Reaction score
Just got Digital Cable and gave the On-Demand a try with a free movie. It said that the movie is captioned, but none of the movies that I tried, did the captions work. Does it work for others?

I've had this happen, and i've heard about it happening to other people. Call comcast. They will try to tell you that it's your TV and that you need to turn your own CC on, etc. Just let them know that your tv has the CC on all the time, and it's on their end.

Closed Caption Not Working

About 1 month ago we stopped getting Closed Caption on our TV. I've contacted Comcast and they say its not them. I've tried another TV and it is working (that TV doesn't have a cable box). We have a Humax DVR and a Sony STR-DE997 receiver... and my TV is a 97-98 32S35 (I think!) 32 in with 2 tuner PIP... We always just used the "display" feature on the TV to show CC --- and now we can't get it to work... I don't know if there is a feature on the receiver or Humax blocking it - some software upgrade or wrong setting? Any ideas?

Thanks!

kjledford said:
About 1 month ago we stopped getting Closed Caption on our TV. I've contacted Comcast and they say its not them. I've tried another TV and it is working (that TV doesn't have a cable box). We have a Humax DVR and a Sony STR-DE997 receiver... and my TV is a 97-98 32S35 (I think!) 32 in with 2 tuner PIP... We always just used the "display" feature on the TV to show CC --- and now we can't get it to work... I don't know if there is a feature on the receiver or Humax blocking it - some software upgrade or wrong setting? Any ideas?

Thanks!

It's probably YOUR tv. Try disconnecting everything from your tv and have it on broadcast tv instead of cable, and see if captions show up. If not, then it's your TV. Just a thought.

My parents do have Comcast for TV, open capition is fine on that. I guess your tv is something wrong with it?

Just got Digital Cable and gave the On-Demand a try with a free movie. It said that the movie is captioned, but none of the movies that I tried, did the captions work. Does it work for others?

I have used Comcast On-Demand once and some of free movies wont show CC, but mostly movies should show CC

Back