Colour choice!

RoseRodent

Reaction score
I am trying to decide which colour to go for as I'm pretty sure I will go ahead with Phonak Solanas if I can find a mould which doesn't make my ears bleed. Stoopid ears! This picture is of the demo colour and I need to choose which one I will go with. I tried the MicroP and the SP and I do seem to have a much better, clearer sound with the SP version, and plenty of headroom for the future. I was a little concerned that if I am later going to sell them on then a larger hearing aid will be less popular, specially as it's not really suitable for the mass marketplace either with it being a severe loss hearing aid but not the Naida that most folks go for, but then thinking about what other people may or may not want to buy second hand in years to come seemed like a crazy thing to think about when I am buying it for me!! :giggle:

So now to colour. I put up the picture cos from the brochure photos you don't really get a sense of how much of the instrument is covered by the audioshoe. I don't actually know what audioshoe colours are available but it's usually only silver, beige, black or brown, and of course the MLXi are silver. If it weren't for that I was definitely going to choose Purple cos they are so cool, but the back of the aids is so covered by the shoe [EDIT - actually it's not that covered on the SP is it?] I'm starting to think purple will look a bit silly and am more tempted by Safari Stripes. Shame the stripes are covered by your ear when wearing them, but they are roughly the same colour as the audioshoe and MLXi plus the back plate is also silver - for some reason on the silver and black model the back plate is black. I could get grey but... well, snooze! I want something interesting. "Pure transparent" is also an option. What do you think?

Then again there is always the option for buy purple and then paint the audioshoes with my daughter's purple patent leather shoe varnish. :cool2:

roserodent-albums-hearing-aids-ha-bits-bobs-picture5039-solana-sp-palladium-black-silver-audioshoe.jpg

then thinking about what other people may or may not want to buy second hand in years to come seemed like a crazy thing to think about when I am buying it for me!!

Absolutely right! With luck you will have them for several years yourself; if you ever wanted to sell them, honestly technology will probably have moved on again and who knows what will be the in thing at the time. So suit yourself and let the future take care of itself.

For colors: I like the Ocean Blue, the Pink, and the Purple Transparent, or else I'd go with something conservative to match my hair, like maybe the Mocha Taupe.

Look into your closet; what colors do you wear the most? What colors make you feel happy? That might give you some ideas.

Olive green would be okay with a brown audio shoe.

I like the Ocean Blue & the Savannah Beauty. I can't resist anything with cheetah or leopard spots.

The purple transparent is cool!

My son has Tegos in an orange transparent and it's interesting to see all the little parts. That orange is almost red, though.

Get whatever would make you happy!

I have had the purple for a few weeks and never get sick of their color. Then again, it is my favorite color and you can't really see it through my hair. The colors of the audio shoes are listed on their website. If I remember correctly, I don't believe that they come in purple.

IThe colors of the audio shoes are listed on their website. If I remember correctly, I don't believe that they come in purple.

Unfortunately they aren't, it's the colours of the ML13i that are listed, not the AS13 audioshoe. They always do that. :mad:

Back