Color of hearing aids

bbnt said:
My daughter is at that age where she wants to be differant so her molds are orange and white

she changed the molds to purple

deafdyke said:
I now have clear see-through aids with clear purple earmolds. I also put a glitter temporary tatto and a body jewel thingy on both of them, as an accent. Unfortunatly, they are the mini-BTEs so they don't really stand out...I wish I could show them off a little more! They are wicked cool! I also want to see if I can maybe get the colored tubing. Man, I wish I was a little kid again! They have the neatest accessories out there!
Got pictures?

Having colored hearing aids is not exactly the thing for me. I'm older and almost done with school. If I was a female with some tattoos, this would probably be something for me... heh!

I do not wear any hearing aides. I have not worn one since 1993. Why should I if they do not help me at all?

Why not Vampy? You could dye your hair to match your hearing aid! ;) Hey...I've only got one more year left of school myself! But yeah, I know what you mean. It seems to be older females who are into all the cool colors. On the other hand, I think that the flesh colored ones are beyond UGLY. The clear ones, black and other non-kid colored ones are more sophiscticated looking.
I'll maybe post pics in a couple of weeks. Right now my scanner is down.
Check out the earmolds in this link! http://www.westone.com/hhc/hhp_colors.html.

I have tan hearing aids which is not noticeable, and purple molds!

Purple rocks!

Some of the colours you've been talking about sounds way out! Maybe I should look into having it changed into something cooler ;)

I have blue hearing aids with clear molds.. I want (blue)colored molds but that will have to wait for my next ones.. I like the idea of putting stickers/tattoos on them, i think I will try that :thumb:

color.gif

color_HA_top.jpg

coolers.gif

I might get green hearing aids, since they look awesome and it's my fave colour but not the moulds as they look tacky. I also want my hearing aids to stand out so people KNOW I'm deaf.

Last edited:
Wow yay! The thread i've been waiting for! lol

Mine are clear moulds with ugly beige/skin coloured hearing aids. I"m getting new ones in August and i want translucent purple ones damnitt! lol. I don't care if i will be 19! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! lol. I figure yeah i'm HOH, i'd rather ppl see it then stare at it like there's a giant tumor in/behind my ear!

i'd rather ppl see it then stare at it like there's a giant tumor in/behind my ear!
Exactly! The flesh colored ones are so BEYOND UGLY and old people-ish.
Why not flaunt it or try to make them look cool? I mean now they have cool colored AFOs (foot braces)...even the AFOs which go into the shoe (the inserts) are now colored! I know of kids with ostomies who have cool designer covers for their pouches, I know of kids with tracheostomies who wear shoelaces or wear chains (to hold the trach in place) instead of boring medical looking velcro trach ties. Today, even adults in wheelchairs get colored chairs or they might get colored walkers or other assistive devices.
Twenty years ago glasses were ugly and medicinal looking...and now they are wicked cool looking! You can even get Spongebob Squarepants glasses! (for kids) as well as other designer glasses (like Ralph Lauren) Why should hearing aids be any different?
I also want my hearing aids to stand out so people KNOW I'm deaf.
Me too. I mean there are a ton of idoit hearing people out there who think that b/c we talk funny we must be retarded :rolleyes: Anyway seeing hearing aids is a great tip off to hearing people that we are DHH!

I wanna look like finish checker flag colour!!
I saw somewhere that they have casts now in patterns that include soccer balls...how come they weren't around when I had to wear casts to bed at night? :( There are also some neat German patterned hearing aids...I'll be back in a sec to get the URLs so everyone can drool over them!

deafie_cat said:
I have blue hearing aids with clear molds.. I want (blue)colored molds but that will have to wait for my next ones.. I like the idea of putting stickers/tattoos on them, i think I will try that :thumb:

color.gif

color_HA_top.jpg

coolers.gif
Whoa... interesting! That looks like something that I'd go for! :thumb:

Check out these links! These things are a work of art!
http://egger-labor.de/enplace/1101/en/productlistcolorcollection.jsp (I love the Keith Haring one...VERY pop arty!)
http://www.heba.de/ (click on the square with the hearing aid to see all the different hearing aids...I want the tiger print one!)
Here is something for you guys who want to dress up your aids but don't want to get colored aids!
http://www.earwearinc.com/ (some of them are a bit little kiddy, but others are neat looking!)
Phonak also has these cool sophisticated hearing aid stickers. They were too big for my aids so I decorated my dorm room message board with them. Let me hunt around and see if I still have the info on how to get them and what kind they are.

BabyPhat21 said:
What color is your hearing aid??? Also, if your earmold is a diff color, what color is it?? mine is dark brown hearing aids and clear earmolds.....

brown ?? from hershey chocoatle candy kiss in your ear ?? :twisted:

it is perfect for me because my voice sounds like a monkey.

Attachments

• ban2.jpg
    ban2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 19
i ve seen them.. my friends have them so I thought it looks neat-o. I stopped wearing hearing aids years ago cuz they didn't help me at all.

so, i have C.I. it finally helped me first time in my lifetime.

deafie_cat said:
i think I will try that :thumb:

color.gif

color_HA_top.jpg

coolers.gif

Does anyone have any ideas as to the estimte it'll cost for one to purchase one of these groovy hearing aids? If you can answer, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Back