Color hearing aids/molds

I like reading about all the various colors and personal attachments you can do with the HA's.

Hubby is looking at getting some new digital ones, he'll be trying them out next week-

I think my BTEs will be a dark brown (Audi said they go with hair color now) but I'm thinking bright blue molds to contrast it just for the heck of it. If I don't like it then I can go with something more subtle when I have to replace the molds.

My new hearing aids are clear transparent.. :P and my ear molds are clear with silver glitter.. I LOVE the look! :P

my old ones (I use for back up) are Purple Transparent...and well.. the ear molds was black with lime green and purple swirls...

Soft moulds definitely are tighter then hard moulds the first time you have them, but you do get used to them fairly quickly. They are generally used to prevent feedback in high power HAs by blocking up your ear as much as possible.

I went back to the audi and he shaved a bit off the mould, its wayyy more comfortable now, guess the mold wasnt perfect. Tighter then what i was use to but hearing better is a small price to pay.

I have translucent pink, blue hearing aid and both are very beautiful, and pretty. I love my hearing aid. Thanks.

Normally I get translucent ear molds, but I did try them as Ipod style white once and they didn't last as long as my translucent ones. (Probably because they were more stiffer.) Otherwise my audiologist gets my Hearing Aids in tan/beige-ish skin color, never tried them in other colors.

Normally I get translucent ear molds, but I did try them as Ipod style white once and they didn't last as long as my translucent ones. (Probably because they were more stiffer.) Otherwise my audiologist gets my Hearing Aids in tan/beige-ish skin color, never tried them in other colors.

U should try some cool colors! I have a cool looking purple hearing aids :D

Color in Hearing devices is only a "fashion consideration" which doesn't appear to have any effect on its stated purpose-assist one to hear.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

My son just picked out his first colored has this year. He went with black and green :-P But I have been eyeballing the oticon safaris and the more I see safarigirl post I have to say I am tempted to call his audiologist now.

My son just picked out his first colored has this year. He went with black and green :-P But I have been eyeballing the oticon safaris and the more I see safarigirl post I have to say I am tempted to call his audiologist now.

well the Oticon Safari is a great hearing aid for kids! and it also worked for me since I needed strong hearing aids and volume control so I went with that cool looking hearing aid AND it also comes in with a streamer packed with bluetooth which I really needed! plus he can plug the streamer into your computer to recharge :)
cool fact: did you know he can turn the hearing aid up and down with the Streamer? also another fact, it can be used to listen to the ipod and if he's watching things on youtube, plug it in and enjoy the show :D

since this hearing aid is packed with the RISE chip and the "bells and whistles", it has everything I wanted!
wanna go for that? go for it, it's your choice and I prefer that hearing aid over my old hearing aids which are garbage now due to not having a volume switch

Well I sent off the paper work to Starkey for the HAs this past Monday, along with the $125 non-refundable deposit. Hopefully I will hear back from them some time in December. If all goes well I should be getting fitted in January I believe. I will contact my Audiologist in a couple of weeks to see if Starkey has contacted her regarding me or not. I just hate this waiting process.

he has had siemens sp? since he has had has. honestly i feel they are crap but there aren`t many options in my craptown.

I'm in my mid-50's now,but when I was a teenager,hearing aids came in pink.
How I hated that,being of a brown complexion.

My all in the ear hearing aids are a medium brown. (Wear 2.) One has to be
standing rather close to notice that I'm wearing them.

I'm mighty glad that there are now many different colors for hearing aids.

Becca, I have Siemens SP HAs and, although they work OK for me, they are quite large and heavy and probably aren't ideal for a child. I believe Safaris are smaller and lighter and may be better for your son, perhaps you could ask your audiologist if your son could have a trial with them.

I understand what you mean by lack of choice though, here in the UK we just have to have what the NHS is willing to provide, no choice at all! Having said that, my Siemens SPs are a million times better than the things I had to put up with when I was a kid, forty years ago.

Last edited:
Becca, I have Siemens SP HAs and, although they work OK for me, they are quite large and heavy and probably aren't ideal for a child. I believe Safaris are smaller and lighter and may be better for your son, perhaps you could ask your audiologist if your son could have a trial with them.

I understand what you mean by lack of choice though, here in the UK we just have to have what the NHS is willing to provide, no choice at all! Having said that, my Siemens SPs are a million times better than the things I had to put up with when I was a kid, forty years ago.

yes, Safaris are lighter and smaller which is my reason why I went with that hearing aid since I have baby ears :)

another thing, there's a Safari SP in the kids' chilli version for severe/profound if you want that 4 him :)

I was surprised to find that when I moved and went to the new local audiology department they gave me the choice of coloured aids! in the old NHS department I used they only gave them to children. I was so excited to be given choice of colour! I went with silver backs and 'mother of pearl' moulds (translucent but more white than clear, with little specks of glitter in!) LOVED them! Got new ones now, same moulds but black and silver backs. I'm considering putting little dimante's on them.

I was surprised to find that when I moved and went to the new local audiology department they gave me the choice of coloured aids! in the old NHS department I used they only gave them to children. I was so excited to be given choice of colour! I went with silver backs and 'mother of pearl' moulds (translucent but more white than clear, with little specks of glitter in!) LOVED them! Got new ones now, same moulds but black and silver backs. I'm considering putting little dimante's on them.

Sounds great, I wish we had a choice of coloured HAs and moulds here in Birmingham. It really is about time NHS audiology departments entered the 21st century.

Back