college's semester 1 grades...

Mulak

Reaction score
Hey

I'm a 18 year old guy... enrolled to Sheridan College for business adminstration - marketing... This is my first year in college and i got my grades for my first semester couple days ago and i thought y'all would like to know how i did

Accounting... A
Business Math... B
Marketing1... B+
Computer Application... B+
Human Resource... C+
Profile in Crime... A

Overall average of semester 1 is 3.5GPA or 75%

Mulak

Good for you, Mulak; keep it up. Btw, is this college in Sheridan, Wyoming?

Congrats! Keep it up! If you manage to push over to 3.6, you'll be eligible to graduate magna cum laude by most schools.

Hey, if you're interested in going for your MBA, here's an interesting fact. The average undergraduate GPA of students admitted to the Graduate School of Business at Stanford (gsb.stanford.edu) is 3.5. They have some killer GMAT scores, though.

Endymion said:
Congrats! Keep it up! If you manage to push over to 3.6, you'll be eligible to graduate magna cum laude by most schools.

Hey, if you're interested in going for your MBA, here's an interesting fact. The average undergraduate GPA of students admitted to the Graduate School of Business at Stanford (gsb.stanford.edu) is 3.5. They have some killer GMAT scores, though.

depends if i get a decent career with decent salary then i probably not...

Sheridan College is in Ontario, Canada

Mulak said:
depends if i get a decent career with decent salary then i probably not...

Sheridan College is in Ontario, Canada

You know that the mean peak earnings for people in the United States with a Bachelor's degree go to about $60,000 USD? The mean peak earnings for people with a Master's in Business Administration go up to $120,000 USD. I can give you an article on it if you're interested.

I am certain that the benefits of an MBA on your earnings, your quality of life, and the like are similar in Canada.

But whatever your choice is, good luck! I am certain you will do fine!

Raises His Hand and would like to request the article too :) Thank you and God Bless ... :thumb:

Sure, Heath. No problem. :)

"The ROI on the MBA"

http://www.aacsb.edu/publications/Archives/JanFeb05/p42-45.pdf

Bear in mind one thing: while the mean peak earnings are the numbers they cite, a lot of people earn much more and much less than the number. A lot depends on your skill, your school (an MBA graduate from a tier one school earns more money than a graduate from a tier two school), and other variables.

To see a listing of tier one academic institutions, visit:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/tier1/t1natudoc_brief.php

Your career prospects are significantly enhanced if you receive a bachelor's degree from one of those schools.

Lol. You're most welcome.

I've been corresponding with an Allison Davis at the Graduate School of Business at Stanford regarding their MBA program as well as people at Cornell (my father's alma mater -- he was in their PhD program for Botany) and the Haas School of Business at Berkeley.

If you want to read some of our correspondences to learn more, PM me with your e-mail and I'll gladly send you one or two.

What makes me so sad is that most of the top schools are elitist and exclusivist, and many bright, friendly people who are very capable don't get in. They're not "in the loop" and the "secret backdoors" to admission aren't well-known. It takes some luck and some knowledge of the system to get in and boom your prospects.

Always glad to help, Heath!

I already sent you a related link over PM, but don't forget to check all kinds of information out on the Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website: http://stats.bls.gov/oco/

If you're thinking of other possible careers, the site has lots of extra information.

Endymion said:
Always glad to help, Heath!

I already sent you a related link over PM, but don't forget to check all kinds of information out on the Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website: http://stats.bls.gov/oco/

If you're thinking of other possible careers, the site has lots of extra information.

Hi, Endymion, Thank you and that will especially help because I am un-decided at this point. I have seen the hard copy of the book at the Vocotional Rehablition office. This will greatly help in decision making for college studies to enter into a specific field for a job to make a living in the future. I already put this in my favorites and am going to research this further in depth. I did not realize this information was available online. What I also forgot to say in the pm was that how many of the jobs realistically are open to Deaf people right now at this point in time? Please, and Thank you and God Bless :) :thumb:

Mulak said:
Hey

I'm a 18 year old guy... enrolled to Sheridan College for business adminstration - marketing... This is my first year in college and i got my grades for my first semester couple days ago and i thought y'all would like to know how i did

Accounting... A
Business Math... B
Marketing1... B+
Computer Application... B+
Human Resource... C+
Profile in Crime... A

Overall average of semester 1 is 3.5GPA or 75%

Mulak

Since you don't list the number of units for each class, we aren't able to tell if you correctly calculated your GPA.

A 3.5GPA is NOT 75% in America. I assume you're basing your GPA off a 4.0 scale, and 3.5/4.0 is not 75%. 3.0 out of 4.0 is 75%. I hope your business math grade is right....

Dennis said:
Since you don't list the number of units for each class, we aren't able to tell if you correctly calculated your GPA.

A 3.5GPA is NOT 75% in America. I assume you're basing your GPA off a 4.0 scale, and 3.5/4.0 is not 75%. 3.0 out of 4.0 is 75%. I hope your business math grade is right....

By most standards in America, a 3.0 is a B (and not a B-), which is well above 80% (despite how skewered the numbers seem anyhow). An A- falls between 3.7 and 3.3.

A student receiving a 75% in all his classes has a 2.0 GPA, which is a solid C. This barely keeps the student above scholastic suspension at most four-year universities.

Heath said:
Hi, Endymion, Thank you and that will especially help because I am un-decided at this point. I have seen the hard copy of the book at the Vocotional Rehablition office. This will greatly help in decision making for college studies to enter into a specific field for a job to make a living in the future. I already put this in my favorites and am going to research this further in depth. I did not realize this information was available online. What I also forgot to say in the pm was that how many of the jobs realistically are open to Deaf people right now at this point in time? Please, and Thank you and God Bless :) :thumb:

Hmm. A good question. I'm part of an old-school perspective that says deaf people can do anything they want, even if they want to be a telemarketer (this is good, you can't hear when the person on the other end is cussing your guts out). This is a tad bit unrealistic on my part, of course, but I remain adamant.

There are jobs not accessible to the deaf, like telemarketing, 911 operators, etc. But in many instances, there are ways for deaf people like you to get around the challenge. I am -not- an ADA lawyer, but I believe that employers are not allowed to discriminate against you unless hearing is an absolute necessity in the job description. Even then, you can find ways to work around things. I invented a makeshift device that makes using the phone much easier for me, and am trying to get a patent for it.

I think that you can choose a profession and even if hearing is an obstacle, you can charge right ahead and with enough determination, you can succeed.

Endymion said:
By most standards in America, a 3.0 is a B (and not a B-), which is well above 80% (despite how skewered the numbers seem anyhow). An A- falls between 3.7 and 3.3.

A student receiving a 75% in all his classes has a 2.0 GPA, which is a solid C. This barely keeps the student above scholastic suspension at most four-year universities.

my marks is in courses is in the range of the grade for example i got 84% in Accounting... which is A (80%-89%)

Mulak said:
my marks is in courses is in the range of the grade for example i got 84% in Accounting... which is A (80%-89%)

Then what is 90-100%? An A in America is 90-100%, but your grade range is usually reserved for B's.

Back