Colin Kaepernick Refuses Stand National Anthem

He is ticked off because the 49ers have a better quarterback and he is playing like crap. I'm pretty sure if he was playing well, had a definite position on the team, he would be acting differently. Needs attention like Authentic mentioned.

I have friends who work at Levi Stadium, tension is high there. Players not talking to each other etc. From what I hear, he is acting out so that he definitely gets traded instead of being the second or third backup quarterback. If he wants to sit down during the National Anthem that is up to him, I personally find it disrespectful.

COvOBKwVEAQgNuL.jpg

looks familiar? :lol:

Colin has always gone to the beat of a different drummer, so whatever floats his boat. If only he could find his game again he might become newsworthy! Biggest mistake 49ers made was giving him the huge contract, after that he must of figured he didn't have to perform to get paid and now he's had to resort to political reasons to get his name mentioned in the papers and on half time shows.

One of the morning TV shows (I am not sure which as I switch back & forth) quoted him as saying that he was doing it for those that don't have the media attention he does to get their story out (that is not a direct quote of what was on TV but very similar).

While I would never show disrespect for the anthem and/or my country, I haven't really used the 'hand over heart' part in years. As noted in the snopes article Reba posted- it's somewhat out of date. People can show respect in many ways (except for sitting down- but what if they still held their hand over their heart while sitting?).

Flame away.. but to me times change, traditions change...but respect is still the same.

All those who object to his actions, be really glad he has that freedom.

Tiananmen Square?

That was long enough ago that I think there are some adults that were born after that. I wonder how much they know about it?

That was long enough ago that I think there are some adults that were born after that. I wonder how much they know about it?

I think the oldest would be about 27 years old?

Kaepernick got booed in San Diego and it was Military appreciation day.

Back