coins for flooring !!

seen something like it before with coffe beans..must cost fortune and long time collecting them

Dog Dies After Eating Penny, Pennies Minted Before 1982 Contain Zinc | digtriad.com

This a very bad idea as pennies are very toxic and if you have small kids or pets they could swallow a penny. Whoever came up with this idea is not very bright as a dog could very easily bite a penny off the floor or a child will find a way to get off. And I bet the floor get very slippery when it wet. I used a pet forum and one person dog dies from swallowing pennies.

This does not make 'cent' at all.

Last edited:
Dog Dies After Eating Penny, Pennies Minted Before 1982 Contain Zinc | digtriad.com

This a very bad idea as pennies are very toxic and if you have small kids or pets they could swallow a penny. Whoever came up with this idea is not very bright as a dog could very easily bite a penny off the floor or a child will find a way to get off. And I bet the floor get very slippery when it wet. I used a pet forum and one person dog dies from swallowing pennies.

This does not make 'cent' at all.
That's only if you don't laminate the floor.

There is a special laminate that you pour on the floor. It's like a solified liquid mix.

First, put down the pennies.

Second, pour out and spread the laminate.

Third, let it dry.

Now, you have what looks like a plastic floor with pennies underneath.

If the coins on the floor are covered with the clear epoxy coating then no one, pets or people, is in contact with the coins. It's just a smooth hard surface, which protects the coins and is easy to keep clean.

I've seen this same technique used on bar tops and furniture. I'm going to use the epoxy on a small table top only with sea shells, not coins. It works with coins, shells, vintage ads, photographs, playing cards, any small mementoes that are flat enough.

That's only if you don't laminate the floor.

There is a special laminate that you pour on the floor. It's like a solified liquid mix.

First, put down the pennies.

Second, pour out and spread the laminate.

Third, let it dry.

Now, you have what looks like a plastic floor with pennies underneath.

If I did that in my condo I think my floor might fall in. My building is settling so much my doors are not working right anymore . You can see the walls getting creases .

Then I hope people that do decides to uses pennies get their floor laminated if they do have smalls kids or pets.

If I did that in my condo I think my floor might fall in. My building is settling so much my doors are not working right anymore . You can see the walls getting creases .
Is your building on a slab, crawl space or basement foundation?

Is your building on a slab, crawl space or basement foundation?

basement foundation. But the rain gutters all leak near my deck and I think that Iiswashing away the soil or making it too soft. I been after my condo for years to fix the rain gutter as the water is rotten on the wood and making the bricks crumble . We have a new condo management so I have no idea what they'll do. I tired to be a trustee with the last condo management but I am too outspoken and the some guys do not like that. One woman trustee told the last manger that the we where paying too much to for the decks that where going to build and the guy did not give a shit as it was not his money. The new manger said we paid too much money and the last deck we had put up cost about $800 less and it a better deck.

basement foundation. But the rain gutters all leak near my deck and I think that Iiswashing away the soil or making it too soft. I been after my condo for years to fix the rain gutter as the water is rotten on the wood and making the bricks crumble . We have a new condo management so I have no idea what they'll do. I tired to be a trustee with the last condo management but I am too outspoken and the some guys do not like that. One woman trustee told the last manger that the we where paying too much to for the decks that where going to build and the guy did not give a shit as it was not his money. The new manger said we paid too much money and the last deck we had put up cost about $800 less and it a better deck.
Seems maybe your condo needs a good structural engineering inspection to determine the problem source and suggest remedies. An independent inspector (not affiliated with a repair service) would be best.

Bad drainage could be one problem, for sure.

Seems maybe your condo needs a good structural engineering inspection to determine the problem source and suggest remedies. An independent inspector (not affiliated with a repair service) would be best.

Bad drainage could be one problem, for sure.

I thought of calling the city building inspector and see what they say. It's a good thing no one upstairs has had a big party on their deck . I can see the top deck is uneven . One guy upstairs took a shower and the water got on my living room ceiling and not on my bathroom ceiling ,that is how bad it's. An apple orchard used to be here years ago and it was on a hill .
When the trees where cut down there could had been some holes that where not filled in correctly and over years the soil is washing away.

I will guess it'll cost you about $1.44 per square foot (penny is about 3/4 inch).

Back