CODAs?

aladinhislamp

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there are (m)any CODAs on here and, if so, whether they'd (you'd) be willing to talk to me about your life and language experiences, especially in terms of how language use shapes identity formation (but I'm more than open to other directions if anyone would like to suggest one). I'm starting my MA thesis soon and would like to learn more about this group in particular. I did carefully read Jolie77's thread about the protocol for doing interviews or asking research questions on here, but I couldn't find anything specific about CODAs; my apologies if there's already a thread and I just didn't see it.

Have an awesome Friday!:cool2:

By the way, I d love to hear about CODAs. My hearing kids are still under age 10. :)

By the way, I d love to hear about CODAs. My hearing kids are still under age 10. :)

Thanks for chiming in on this, Frisky Feline. What are your kids like? My 2 daughters are 8 and 11, and they're crazy about Pokemon, Webkinz and Doctor Who. How about yours?

Thanks for chiming in on this, Frisky Feline. What are your kids like? My 2 daughters are 8 and 11, and they're crazy about Pokemon, Webkinz and Doctor Who. How about yours?

ah, my kids like to play pokemon, webkinz but less now. they like silly bandz bracelets. they also have other interests too. :)

FF, if it's okay to ask, how do you mostly communicate with your kids? Through sign? Lipreading? Some combination? If it's too personal, please disregard--I'm not trying to pry, just really fascinated by this. Partly it's because my kids are half-Japanese, so that kind of 'third space' between languages is something we deal with every day and I'm always wondering how other people handle it (of course I realize the mode here is very different, but in some ways I think it's a similar space). There are other reasons, too, that might be too personal for the main boards; you can PM me if you're interested. :)

Maybe. as you know that you would need to post more than 50 posts. Your PM box will show up. :) keep posting and keep surfing through all the threads.

have fun!.

Back