Cochlear Nucleus 5 implant is back on market

dragonman3000

Reaction score
It is good news but would rather have freedom over N5 for it's reliablity for anyone's sake.

It is good news but would rather have freedom over N5 for it's reliablity for anyone's sake.

I agree, I just had the Freedom implanted in May. I feel safer knowing a lot of,people have it and not having any problems.

Oh do you know the different betweem Freedom and N5 implant?(in term of hardware)

There is no difference really, except the N5 is shaped differently and thinner. Other than that, they both function exactly the same way.

id rather have the N5 since its sexier and thinner lol.

Besides its newer. Mostly, newer is better.

i have the N5 on one side and the Freedom on the other. The difference between the two is the size. The N5 is smaller. I found I was able to adjust to sleeping on the side I have the N5 on faster than the Freedom. They sound pretty much the same too. It has been almost two years and so far so good. (Knocks on wood)

apparently the N5 chip is to allow for more further upgrades and sound processors and such but some people have said the N5 side sounds better..but maybe they just think that it does? I know for sure it's a better internal for size as its smaller than the freedom

Moved from freedom processor to N5 processor last year had made alot of difference in sound quaility and i didn't have my map changed.

apparently the N5 chip is to allow for more further upgrades and sound processors and such but some people have said the N5 side sounds better..but maybe they just think that it does? I know for sure it's a better internal for size as its smaller than the freedom

There is no functional difference between N5 and Freedom internal implants. It is the same basic circuit design as used since the 1990's.

The processor has been improved. Anyone with an N5 internal will have the N5 processor. There is nothing going on internally to impact sound quality. It still suffers from the same electrode and speed limitations

Back