Cochlear N5

pcryan

Reaction score
Hi all

What program do you use for TV? Using a direct link is not an option.

Thanks + cheers

P

I don't use anything or any different program. Tried the direct link, too cumbersome and fiddly.

Sorry for being unclear. I mean do you use thenEveryday - Music - Noise - Focus option?

Cheers
P

It's alright, I use normal program (everyday) and watch the TV in normal way. I don't have loop or any other accomodations other than a decent volume and sometimes subtitles.

I use everyday plus the subtitles, i don't want to go through all the cords on having to plug this and that, etc, takes too much time. subtitles are good enough for me. i only use the bilateral audio cables for my ipod to listen to music. thats pretty much the only cable i'll use to listen to stuff on the computer/phone/ipod.

Don't have the N5 yet, but when I do, I won't use any cables or anything, I'll just use the same method, e.g subtitles

Don't have the N5 yet, but when I do, I won't use any cables or anything, I'll just use the same method, e.g subtitles

what about music players? I'm sure you'll want to use the wire. Theyre very useful when you want to listen to music in class or when in a very noisy area.

The wire blocks out the background sound 100% if you make it to be, and no one can hear what you're listening to even if its super loud.

I use Bose QC15 for most music listening but like bbaseballboy123 notes the wire is preferred in noisy environments. The noise cancellation on Bose and other such headphones only really helps to reduce consistent steady type noise such as a jet engine. Normal background noise is not reduced as far as I can tell.

I use Bose QC15 for most music listening but like bbaseballboy123 notes the wire is preferred in noisy environments. The noise cancellation on Bose and other such headphones only really helps to reduce consistent steady type noise such as a jet engine. Normal background noise is not reduced as far as I can tell.

I love my JVC HA-RX 700s (over the ear headphones). I use them when im by myself on the computer. They have bass unlike the wire which is kinda obvious cause the wire is just from sound source right to your cochlear implant, no "wop wop wop" bass.

Do you use the MUSIC program or everyday?
I'm still going back and forth on those two trying to assess which works best for me.
:hmm:

I use everyday simply because its such a hassle to go back and fourth.

But I did do a comparsion when I was bored and I found that Music program revealed more sounds than normal.
For example, in the song Vertigo by U2, with music program, you were able to hear more bells, but with everyday program, the bells are just dull.

I use everyday simply because its such a hassle to go back and fourth.

But I did do a comparsion when I was bored and I found that Music program revealed more sounds than normal.
For example, in the song Vertigo by U2, with music program, you were able to hear more bells, but with everyday program, the bells are just dull.

So do you like over the ear headphones better than the audiocable? I was looking around at some headphones today at walmart and target but i was not really interested in the headphones pushing up against my ears because of the speech processors, they hurt! plus, if i wore them i would have to turn the music up loud because i could barely hear them with the headphones, so i stayed with the personal bilateral audio cable that cochlear makes. I just wished they made the audio cables with different colors instead of just plain black. it gets so boring all the time! it makes me relive the beige hearing aids all over again.

Some headphones - such as the Bose qc15 - cover the whole ear. Took a couple of days to get it right but it sure beats cables for me.

Some headphones - such as the Bose qc15 - cover the whole ear. Took a couple of days to get it right but it sure beats cables for me.

did you have to turn up the music up all the way? because i couldn't hear very well in other headphones. or tried using the t-coil, but failed.

So do you like over the ear headphones better than the audiocable? I was looking around at some headphones today at walmart and target but i was not really interested in the headphones pushing up against my ears because of the speech processors, they hurt! plus, if i wore them i would have to turn the music up loud because i could barely hear them with the headphones, so i stayed with the personal bilateral audio cable that cochlear makes. I just wished they made the audio cables with different colors instead of just plain black. it gets so boring all the time! it makes me relive the beige hearing aids all over again.

what kinda of headphones. I cant think of supermarkets having good headphones at all lol. Please for the love of god, dont get the beats or skullcandy, they are terrible for the price, even my headphones kills them.
go over to head-fi.com. They do reviews on legit headphones.
Over the ear headphones covers the entire ear, and on the ears is just on the ear. Obviously on the ear will not work very well because the mic is behind the processor rather than in the ear canal.

I recommend checking out the jvc ha700s, but obviously they are big and would be awkward to wear in public.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DVvw2aMiQ&feature=plcp&context=C34dba6eUDOEgsToPDskILwcvq7uJFmIP9g1IXh9I9[/ame]

my unboxing of them.

I never really had to have the headphones turned up higher than normal volume.

You can change color, but it times time and patience. google: cable sleeving. I've done it with my computer cables but not an audio cable/headphones cable yet but it has been done before.

same, cable sometimes is too "direct" of a sound, which is why i use the headphones whenever i can.

Baseball, glad you got a headphones. I am not confident enough to go out and splash out on £200 headphones then realise that it's not for me. (in UK if anything is out of a box/packet or seal that is broken it's not returnable unless very good reason!) I have eyes for Bose headphones..... umm.... I need to find someone who has them and try them.

.... I need to find someone who has them and try them.

:hmm:

I took my iPhone and did the headphone tour - Sony - Bose and BestBuy. Sampled them all and made my choice. Any quality store would let you test your choice to your heart's content.

Back