Cochlear Implanty yay or nay

Johnny Sesma

Reaction score
Going to see about getting a Cochlear Implant. any one have one that they are happy with . or any success stories or any bad one I would like to hear from you thanks

Hope you will keep that in mind. It does not not work for everyone. If it works for you, great! If it does not, sorry.

It worked for me in some way and other time it does not work. Right now I don't wear it anymore. How it worked for me in some way? I can speak some words and even sing which I never done before and people loved my videos where I sang on my facebook. I was surprised, actually. Why it did not work in other way? I stopped taking speech and I still could not able to understand anyone speaking because it would always echo in my head and sounds messed up in some way. Hard to explain what it is like but I can assume like you hearing people speaking Chinese for first time in your life and you can't even understand them so I think that is what it is like.

I'm happy with mine and will be getting a second one in less than 2 weeks.

I have had my Cochlear Implant for 7 years now. Still satisfied.
As mentioned-not everyone benefits.
aside: experience: Sunnbrook/Toronto since 1984- 3000 ADULTS examined of which 2000 were "unsuitable" I was one of 1000 accepted. Innfo recent patients meeting.
Much success in "journey"

Nay cause its not normal hearing. Its man made sounds, not natural sounds.

Love mine, thinking about getting the other ear done next year.

Love mine, thinking about getting the other ear done next year.

Does it sound man made to you? I keep going back and forth on this. I would have to Massachusetts General Hospital to see if I am a good candidate , my new audi said I would be . It would in my right ear , and I was told I could lose the little hearing I do have in it if the implant does not work . :shock:

Does it sound man made to you? I keep going back and forth on this. I would have to Massachusetts General Hospital to see if I am a good candidate , my new audi said I would be . It would in my right ear , and I was told I could lose the little hearing I do have in it if the implant does not work . :shock:

Most sounds are pretty natural sounding to me.

As mentioned above: not everyone's ears are the same. That is why an ENT doctor must examine exactly-what the situation is for you.

Every adult does have a CHOICE to arrange an appointment however what the ENT "finds" is very specific to you.

Thus in the end whatever happened to me with a Cochlear Implant will NOT have a bearing on anyone else.

Again much success in your ongoing discussion re Cochlear Implant.

Back