Cochlear implantation and cued speech internationally

jillio
Cued speech has been around for 40 years
Yes, in 2006, so now it is 41 years!:dance2:
For some time, it became almost nonexistent in use
Not true, small group yes, run by volunteers until this year, yes,one paid staff now, non profit organization yes.(NCSA) :cuddle:
because it did not prove to accomplish the goals it proposed
accomplished the goals of literacy, language and inclusion for many families:grouphug:
It is now seeing a revival due to the number of children being implanted.
If you are stating that AVT is using it as a tool, well certainly not here, so where would that be then please ::dunno:
I suspect that it will repeat the same history this time around
A history of literacy, language and inclusion...I am all for that!:thumb:

jillioYes, in 2006, so now it is 41 years!:dance2: Not true, small group yes, run by volunteers until this year, yes,one paid staff now, non profit organization yes.(NCSA) :cuddle:accomplished the goals of literacy, language and inclusion for many families:grouphug: If you are stating that AVT is using it as a tool, well certainly not here, so where would that be then please ::dunno: A history of literacy, language and inclusion...I am all for that!:thumb:

My bad, 41 years.

Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the deaf population as a whole.

Why,then are so many deaf children stillsuffering from language deprivation, and why is the issue of literacy in deaf children continuing to be a focus?

You are assumingthat AVT is the only method used to promote communication skills in the deaf implanted child. That is far from the case. It is used as a tool, (please re-read all of your submitted articles), to assist an orally based deaf individual in removing the ambiguity from speech reading.

What world did that history of literacy and language and inclusion occur in? Certainly not this one.

Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the deaf population as a whole.

Like Deaf people... Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the population as a whole.

Like Deaf people... Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the population as a whole.

So they don't have the right to exist as deaf people because they are small in number? You just revealed alot in that statement cloggy. You are nothing more than a hearing cultural linguistic bigot. (Oops, guess I should have posted that in the insult thread).

So they don't have the right to exist as deaf people because they are small in number? You just revealed alot in that statement cloggy. You are nothing more than a hearing cultural linguistic bigot. (Oops, guess I should have posted that in the insult thread).

Wrong conclusion.... not at all how I feel... in fact, it's a terrible statement!!!

What I tried to show you is how YOU look at people that use cued speech..
It was YOU who said:

Terrible statement - isn't it.... It was YOUR statement !

Wrong conclusion.... not at all how I feel... in fact, it's a terrible statement!!!

What I tried to show you is how YOU look at people that use cued speech..
It was YOU who said:

[

Terrible statement - isn't it.... It was YOUR statement !

And, if you knew anything about comparison, cloggy, you would already understand that the number of CS users within the deaf population as a whole is fewer than the number of deaf individuals in society as a whole. If you would stick to the topic and discuss the issues in an intelligent well thought out manner, rather than attempting to distract through sarcasm, perhaps you would have never even made such a statement and left yourself open like that. Please, cloggy, think before you post.

And, if you knew anything about comparison, cloggy, you would already understand that the number of CS users within the deaf population as a whole is fewer than the number of deaf individuals in society as a whole. ......
Exactly the reply I wanted..
You started with the comparison...

Looking forward to the number of people cueing vs "deaf people as a whole" AND number of Deaf people vs number of people (about 6+ billion)

So they don't have the right to exist as deaf people because they are small in number? You just revealed alot in that statement jillio. You are nothing more than a hearing but Deaf wannabe cultural linguistic bigot. (Oops, guess I should have posted that in the insult thread).

Exactly the reply I wanted..
You started with the comparison...

Looking forward to the number of people cueing vs "deaf people as a whole" AND number of Deaf people vs number of people (about 6+ billion)

Check the census stats, cloggy. You're a fan of google. Seems you find the majority of your information there.

So they don't have the right to exist as deaf people because they are small in number? You just revealed alot in that statement jillio. You are nothing more than a hearing but Deaf wannabe cultural linguistic bigot. (Oops, guess I should have posted that in the insult thread).

Those are cloggy's word, not mine. My objections are to a methodology. Yours, on the other hand are to an entire group of people living a cultural and liguistic existence of their choosing. That, rick, in case you don't understand is bigotry.

Check the census stats, cloggy. You're a fan of google. Seems you find the majority of your information there.
Come-on.... don't back out of your statement now !!
You made the statement. You back it up..

So far, Deaf people are in the same "boat" as cueing people..
Like you said: Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the deaf population as a whole.

Oh yea? That makes it ok to deprive us of full access to language, put us in endless hours of speech therapy, put us in situations where we are constantly left out, and putting us at the risk for not developing adequate literacy skills therefore crippling us as adults due to unable to get good paying jobs and relying on SSDI most of our lives? All because we r small in numbers compared to the population as a whole?? Screw u! That statement alone shows that u look down on deaf people who rely on sign only. That is saying that we don't have rights and I think that is complete bullshit!

Come-on.... don't back out of your statement now !!
You made the statement. You back it up..

So far, Deaf people are in the same "boat" as cueing people..
Like you said: Small group.....almost nonextistent. Their numbers are miniscule comapred to the deaf population as a whole.

Not at all. DEaf people are in the minority as compared to the hearing culture. However, deaf cuers are inthe minority not just in the hearing world, but in deaf/Deaf world, as well. They are twice isolated.

Oh yea? That makes it ok to deprive us of full access to language, put us in endless hours of speech therapy, put us in situations where we are constantly left out, and putting us at the risk for not developing adequate literacy skills therefore crippling us as adults due to unable to get good paying jobs and relying on SSDI most of our lives? All because we r small in numbers compared to the population as a whole?? Screw u! That statement alone shows that u look down on deaf people who rely on sign only. That is saying that we don't have rights and I think that is complete bullshit!

Yep, you saw the same insult there that I did. But I guess people who are fixed intheir thinking aren't willing to even look at how their own words is reflective of a very prejudiced attitude.

Not at all. DEaf people are in the minority as compared to the hearing culture. However, deaf cuers are inthe minority not just in the hearing world, but in deaf/Deaf world, as well. They are twice isolated.

Is that where all the talk about deaf people being small in numbers coming from? I must have missed something since I am using my pager to read the posts and it takes so long for each post to upload.

I must have missed something since I am using my pager to read the posts and it takes so long for each post to upload.

:topic: I hope you get back online soon. I just bet you feel like you're writing on stone tablets now.

Shel, it was Lillio who said that... ask her !
It is absolutely not my point of view. I just threw her statement back into her face.!

Follow the links back.. or click here.

Is that where all the talk about deaf people being small in numbers coming from? I must have missed something since I am using my pager to read the posts and it takes so long for each post to upload.

Yeah, I made a remark wbout the few number of cuers as evidence that, despite 41 years of existence, it is not an effective method of edcuation or language acquisition. Cloggy retorted with the fact that there are fewer deaf than hearing, so they should have to comply with the majority hearing. Totally false rasoning, but that's where it started. Kind is a telling thing about the attitude toward minorities, though,isn't it?

Shel, it was Lillio who said that... ask her !
It is absolutely not my point of view. I just threw her statement back into her face.!

Follow the links back.. or click here[OR].

Cloggy, you are mistaken on that one. My remark was in reference to the number of deaf that use cuing despite it having been around for 41 years. My remark was directed at the minimal use of the system. Your remark was made regarding the deaf population vs. the hearing population. That's where you seem to have the biggest problem. That you cannot see the difference between a remark made regarding a system or an instituion and a remark made regarding people. You seem to regard everything as a statement against the person,and then you retalliate on your mistaken assumption that criticism of oralism is a personal crticism against you. Rick and Jackie seem to have the same problem in discriminating the nature of a statement. Is it because you all tend to also make judgements regarding the person based on their method of communication? Or is it because you tend to take everything to a personal level that you make judgements of people based on their communication method. Either way, you reduce to a personal level many things that are not directed that way.

(Oh, and oops! Where are the type police now?)

Rick and Jackie seem to have the same problem ..........

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz

Just another gratuitous attack, no problem folks she'll be done soon. You can all go back to sleep until she's finished.

Back