Cochlear Implant Information!

Fo'Shizzle

Reaction score
I just found out the other day when I got my hearing testing done in VA. I was actually just getting some new digital hearing aids. thats all! but then my audiologist told me that my hearing is damage and maybe I should be concern about getting a Cochlear Implant. Which I've already decided to get when time is right. So here we go... it's about time for me to get a Cochlear Implant. Which I'm def.. looking forwards getting the CI.. Looking forwards to hear something... I thing it would be a amazing experience for me. But the thing is...My audiologist told me that medicate doesn't cover it. Which that sucks since I can't afford $55,000 Cochlear implant... I know this is going to sound a little silly but I'm trying to get started somewhere... Anybody know any idea's how to pay for it?? I called my ss today but you know how it can go! It's always BUSY BUSY! So eventually I left a messege today! Anyone who has any idea's or know more about it would be greatful! please help with some info! :scatter:

Have a blessing day! :angel:

PM me with ideas! Thank you!

That is real weird because I know Medicaid covers cochlear implants. Maybe the law have changed recently? Maybe call the company and ask them for help?

IceCream said:
That is real weird because I know Medicaid covers cochlear implants. Maybe the law have changed recently? Maybe call the company and ask them for help?
where you from? i'm from north carolina...
maybe its different laws?
I'll call medicaid office on monday :scatter:

You can also try contacting the nearest Lion's Club in your area. Lion's Club sometimes will offer financial assistance for individuals getting a CI, especially to low-income people. Doesn't hurt to ask! :)

:dunno:
Superfroggy said:
You can also try contacting the nearest Lion's Club in your area. Lion's Club sometimes will offer financial assistance for individuals getting a CI, especially to low-income people. Doesn't hurt to ask! :)

LION'S CLUB? MMM. TO BE HONEST I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT. WHERE DO I LOOK IT UP TO SEE IF NC HAS IT? :dunno:

Boult said:
Cassbugs, check this links regarding medicaid and medicare etc..
http://www.cochlear.org/sys-tmpl/door/

also check this too;
http://listen-up.org/haidfund.htm

WOW THANK YOU... I GOT MEDICAID. HOPFULLY THEY WILL PAY IT... I'M GOING TO DO SOME MORE SEARCHING.. MAYBE MY AUDIOLOGIST WAS TALKING ABOUT ONLY IN VA WHICH I ONLY LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA.. MAYBE THERE IS A DIFFERANCE.. BUT I'M STILLF GOING TO CALL ON MONDAY. WAS GOING TO TODAY BUT IT'S GOOD FRIDAY.
AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO....
GOD BLESS YOU :angel:

Superfroggy said:
COULD YOU TELL ME HOW AND WHERE DO I CONTACT THEM ? DO THEY HAVE A SITE?
DO I FILL OUT SOME KIND OF APPLICATION TO SEE IF IT'S APPROVED?

GOD BLESS YOU

I am not from USA so I don't know but it occured to me for 55 thou I would move to the state where it's covered..??

Fuzzy

Cassbugs said:
:dunno:

LION'S CLUB? MMM. TO BE HONEST I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT. WHERE DO I LOOK IT UP TO SEE IF NC HAS IT? :dunno:

Hi Cassbug,

Check out http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/content/programs_hear.shtml

for the general Lion's Club website, see www.lionsclubs.org

Lion's Club is an organization that provides help to communities. They provide money through grants for youth organizations, disabled groups, etc.. their main "disabled" focus is on blindness but they do offer aid to Deaf/HH people.

Most states have Lion's Club chapters. You'll need to check out whether NC has them.

I and my friend got our CI's covered through our Employer's insurance, but here in MN I know from my CI center that some people have been assisted through Lion's Club. My friend even got her CI batteries paid for through them!

:)

Superfroggy said:
Hi Cassbug,

Check out http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/content/programs_hear.shtml

for the general Lion's Club website, see www.lionsclubs.org

Lion's Club is an organization that provides help to communities. They provide money through grants for youth organizations, disabled groups, etc.. their main "disabled" focus is on blindness but they do offer aid to Deaf/HH people.

Most states have Lion's Club chapters. You'll need to check out whether NC has them.

I and my friend got our CI's covered through our Employer's insurance, but here in MN I know from my CI center that some people have been assisted through Lion's Club. My friend even got her CI batteries paid for through them!

:)

I APPRICIATE YOU HELPING ME OUT.. AND THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. I'M SOON GOING TO GET A CI AS SOON AS I GET STARTED ON SOME FEW THINGS.. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR TIME :)

Cassbugs said:
I APPRICIATE YOU HELPING ME OUT.. AND THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION. I'M SOON GOING TO GET A CI AS SOON AS I GET STARTED ON SOME FEW THINGS.. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR TIME :)
cassbugs, I saw your other thread about calling everywhere.. did you check the links I provided above...

What kind of finicial support do you have? are you on SSDI and do you have medicare? I don't mean medicaid.

Boult said:
cassbugs, I saw your other thread about calling everywhere.. did you check the links I provided above...

What kind of finicial support do you have? are you on SSDI and do you have medicare? I don't mean medicaid.
things got screwed up by my aud. what finicial support I have is that I have SSI, no medicare......Just medicaid.....

What your thoughts on it? If you want you can PM me

Back