cochlear implant candiated

eggyman

Reaction score
i have made descsion and am going ahead with med el implant . :D
Well at 1st my choice were AB implant now i have changed my mind and go with med el .So exciting time ahead ;)

what made you change your mind?

i've had a long hard thinking and researched lots website lol yeah am sad haha,anyway i did like the look at med el than AB no offence when i was looking at AB website and u can see how small speech processor on picture.Today i saw AB speech processor(real one) i was very surprise how big speech processor & is was'nt like in the AB website.So i didn't like it and i know the fact that AB are working with PHONAK HA are trying to improve size but i cannot wait longer so
Med el - smaller ,sleek and cool :L i feel comfortable wearing it (just trying to feel what is like )
To be honest they all are slimiar cochlear implant and different kind technology .The main thing is i want my hearing back :D

Yeah AB's Harmony is big, but that didn't stop me from picking them. Good luck with getting your Med-El CI! :)

I also have a Advanced Bionics-Harmony since 2007. To date no complaints.
A cousin of mine choose Med El rather than Cochlear.- last year. She is happy with hers ( at that point of time A B had "production problems" now solved).

Phonak bought Advanced Bionics company-last year. The current legal name escapes me.

Good luck in your upcoming Cochlear Implant journey.

I also have a Advanced Bionics-Harmony since 2007. To date no complaints.
A cousin of mine choose Med El rather than Cochlear.- last year. She is happy with hers ( at that point of time A B had "production problems" now solved).

Phonak bought Advanced Bionics company-last year. The current legal name escapes me.

Good luck in your upcoming Cochlear Implant journey.

Am glad that u are doing well with AB .your cousin had made r8 choice as i wouldn't pick cochlear they do have some issues and recall .
thank

Hi, you said, "I want my hearing back." Were you normal hearing before? If yes, what happened? Or are you HoH? Best wishes....

Hi, you said, "I want my hearing back." Were you normal hearing before? If yes, what happened? Or are you HoH? Best wishes....
No i was born deaf due to german measles,I did wear two powerfully hearing aids for long time and in around 2002 i had new dig tail powerfully hearing so i can hear very well with it also i can speak very fluent & expert lip reader
Unforautly in 2011 i have lost my both hearing so bad ,So went to audiology to try last powerfully ha aid they have .I am struggling to hear what people saying & lip reading and listen to music & TV .
thank u ;)

No i was born deaf due to german measles,I did wear two powerfully hearing aids for long time and in around 2002 i had new dig tail powerfully hearing so i can hear very well with it also i can speak very fluent & expert lip reader
Unforautly in 2011 i have lost my both hearing so bad ,So went to audiology to try last powerfully ha aid they have .I am struggling to hear what people saying & lip reading and listen to music & TV .
thank u ;)

My dad is like that. I will eventually be at that point too.

Thursday March 15th is my MRI. If that comes back clear (fingers crossed) then I can schedule surgery once I get insurance approval. Every time we talk about the surgery I get nauseous. The thought of another long recovery is a lot to think about. I am sure once I get approval, I will be a nervous wreck!

Hi Angel: From my experience: no long recovery. I went home the next morning and didn't feel much at all. No headaches. Just waited for the 2 week appointment-allowed to go swimming-right away. 2 weeks later got hooked up with the externals.
Again- pain whatsoever.
I am a bit older than you.
Again Angel: much success in your upcoming operation.

Hi Angel: From my experience: no long recovery. I went home the next morning and didn't feel much at all. No headaches. Just waited for the 2 week appointment-allowed to go swimming-right away. 2 weeks later got hooked up with the externals.
Again- pain whatsoever.
I am a bit older than you.
Again Angel: much success in your upcoming operation.

My surgeon says 6 weeks recovery and activation. Maybe since my case is "unique" he is being extra cautious. Good to know your surgery was pretty easy for you, i appreciate the encouragement.

Back