Cochlear celebration San Antonio

Awesome. I'll have to try Kayak.com next I need to fly somewhere.
and you should try farecast.com too it is like stock so you can look ahead to see where fare is going like up or down.

i have heard about it 3 months ago.. wish i can go but i can't. alot of vacations is comming ahead in 2007

last year they had in orlando, FL

hope next year they'll be closer to minnesota :D

Lucia, we can make room for him. We rented a midsized car. It may be tight in the back seat, with a car seat and all, but we can make it happen. I told my wife that I offered to drive you. If transportation is your only problem, we can make it work.
Boult, I already booked and paid for everything yesterday. Except of course the cochlear $.
The only thing that may stop us from coming down is if for some reason, Lilly has her other CI surgery during that time.

Lucia, we can make room for him. We rented a midsized car. It may be tight in the back seat, with a car seat and all, but we can make it happen. I told my wife that I offered to drive you. If transportation is your only problem, we can make it work.
Boult, I already booked and paid for everything yesterday. Except of course the cochlear $.
The only thing that may stop us from coming down is if for some reason, Lilly has her other CI surgery during that time.

Great! :D

You are very generous. Not many people would do that. :) Hope you enjoy the events.

It looks like I am going to be able to come up with the $100 for the celebration after all! I did a survey about a month ago and $50 came in the mail today, and I will be able to come up with the other $50 next month. :D

I don't know if y'all have done the survey or heard of it, the cochlear companies are having a marketing company do a survey. The link is Market survey about cochlear implants (USA) :: Screener and the password is US06CIre
(case sensitive) you can sign up for the survey, wait for their email with a link to do the questionnaire, do the questionnaire (I think about 50 or so questions) and submit.

MODS: This is not spam, just wanted to let others know about this survey.

I completed that survey and received my $50 about a month later. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone notices a delay in receiving compensation. :)

j -- can you find room in your suitcase for me? LOL

I know we cant make it but wish y'all who can go the best! and take pix!!

We got an invitation to this a while back...I wish we could go but we just can't swing another vacation right now. I wanted to mention that I also did that survey and got my $50 bill in the mail on Friday!!

It looks like I am going to be able to come up with the $100 for the celebration after all! I did a survey about a month ago and $50 came in the mail today, and I will be able to come up with the other $50 next month. :D

I don't know if y'all have done the survey or heard of it, the cochlear companies are having a marketing company do a survey. The link is Market survey about cochlear implants (USA) :: Screener and the password is US06CIre
(case sensitive) you can sign up for the survey, wait for their email with a link to do the questionnaire, do the questionnaire (I think about 50 or so questions) and submit.

MODS: This is not spam, just wanted to let others know about this survey.
i filled the short survey and am qualitified.. and gave the email address, name, etc.. and i didn't recieve the email from them for couple of days for the long survey for $50.

i filled the short survey and am qualitified.. and gave the email address, name, etc.. and i didn't recieve the email from them for couple of days for the long survey for $50.

Wait a few more days for the email for the long part of the survey.

After I answered the initial questionaire, it took 7-14 days before I received a confirmation e-mail inviting me to complete the rest of the survey.

Good news bad news! First the good! The hospital FINALLY got the approval letter for lillys other ear implant. We have an initial appointment with the implant team. We were told to expect a surgery date in the end of Jan. If this is the case, (here is the bad news)we will probably not be able to attend the Cochlear celebration. We will have to reschedule a trip for later in the year at a penalty of $300. I thought about trying to make the drive, but that is not really possible due to the extra time involved in the drive. Besides, I really dont think Lilly would enjoy sitting in a car for about 18 hours each way.
We will wait and see.

Good news bad news! First the good! The hospital FINALLY got the approval letter for lillys other ear implant. We have an initial appointment with the implant team. We were told to expect a surgery date in the end of Jan. If this is the case, (here is the bad news)we will probably not be able to attend the Cochlear celebration. We will have to reschedule a trip for later in the year at a penalty of $300. I thought about trying to make the drive, but that is not really possible due to the extra time involved in the drive. Besides, I really dont think Lilly would enjoy sitting in a car for about 18 hours each way.
We will wait and see.

Hi Lillys Dad -

Yay on the hospital getting the approval letter! I believe the Cochlear Celebration takes place in mid-February, but if you are unable to make it, don't feel bad. We understand. :)

From what I've heard, and read, you are not supposed to fly for the first four weeks after CI surgery. I guess it has to do with cabin pressure changes on and in the surgery site.
If the doctor says its ok, then Im there! If not, we will have to cancel the trip, do the CI celebration next year and reschedule a trip somewhere else this year to use the credit with the travel co.

Well, the doctor says Lilly will be fine to fly to SAN Antonio. I was/am nervous about it, but he assures me she will be fine. I will do more research about it, but if he is that confident, I will take his word on it (unless I find hard info to say otherwise). I sat and talked to him for almost an hour today. He even told me "wow, you really did your homework with cochlear implants". He also told me that I was one of the most informed parents that he had spoken with concerning CI issues! That is scary if ya ask me!?
But, we are still on for the trip!!!!

I hate to inform you all, but we have canceller our trip. I know the Dr. says it is OK to fly that soon after the surgery, but every place else I look says not to. I just simply will not risk having problems with Lillys newly implanted CI.
Lucia, I am sorry I told you that we can pick you up, only to cancel on you. I talked you into going, then I cancelled.
My wife and I discussed goign to Sea World San Antonio at a later date. Hopefully we can all meet up then , and we can make it up to you.

I hate to inform you all, but we have canceller our trip. I know the Dr. says it is OK to fly that soon after the surgery, but every place else I look says not to. I just simply will not risk having problems with Lillys newly implanted CI.
Lucia, I am sorry I told you that we can pick you up, only to cancel on you. I talked you into going, then I cancelled.
My wife and I discussed goign to Sea World San Antonio at a later date. Hopefully we can all meet up then , and we can make it up to you.

Hi Lillys Dad,

It's okay. The safety of your daughter comes first, and it's probably good to have peace of mind and not worry about problems from flying if y'all don't fly. When y'all do come down here at a later date, let me know, as I would love to meet you, your wife, and your beautiful daughter!

Back