Cochlear Americas

Deaffy

Reaction score
After joining and reviewing their forum site.. I must confess I hope their product is better than their Forum's. It seems sorta confusing to use their style of forums. Hearing journal is a good site but sadly they are anti cochlear products being discussed over there. :(

Hi Deaffy,

I am sorry I cannot comment on it as I cannot access to it from UK. But your input had helped greatly as an advocate, Cochlear UK had recently asked me on my thoughts about setting up Forum or chat room.

I will mention this to Cochlear UK.

Thank you Deaffy,

Hope u got my message ok and you are not too itchy to hear again.

I bet I know what you prob is on the cochlear forum site...your profile gets auto set to semi private so ppl can read what you write but can't comment...go into your privacy settings after you login and put it to OPEN so that you can see everyones stuff and everyone can see your profile etc. It's actually pretty easy...if you have any more q's just ask cuz I visit the forum as well.

actually..hearing journey disgusted me tonight when I was reading some of their threads and went into the chat...ppl are just so anti cochlear and so rude about it and saying outrageous things like AB is superior and more ppl choose it and that Cochlear is obsolete now because they no longer can upgrade their hearing tech in their implants...no one has ever bashed AB as far as i've ever seen on the cochlear community...ppl are very open to answering any qs they have on cochlears products and implants but if someone asks bout AB they kindly say why they chose cochlear and that if they wanna learn more bout AB to contact them and try to get in touch with someone who has an AB implant...very rude ppl on that website i must say

My Nucleus Freedom was activated in March 2009, only had one glitch with it. After I first got it it would beep and the sound would cut out for half a second then resume. I told my audi this at the next visit and she ask another audi and come to find out the external part had to be programmed to match up with the internal part. They fixed that and I haven't had a problem at all with my CI whatsoever or any of the accesories either. We talked about the new processor and cochleas trade in program and she said no one in her clinic had done that and that the program was the same between the nucleus and the 5 but the 5 was thinner and had the remote with it.

Alicia, sadly thats the norm in UK too... I know few who "pesuasded" few candiates to change their minds and I never commented the change so I only can pat on their back and wished them good luck. It's sad. I don't care about the future techology as I see people from 20 years back still using their orginial internal implant. At some stage in our life, we all (AB included and Med-EL) would need to be explanted and upgraded with newer internal implant, I pray I don't need to.

I can get onto cochlear america community, I don't use the forums, I go on community and use blogs and stuff. But a cochlear one is needed also

I haven't noticed much Cochlear bashing at HJ, but then again I haven't been at HJ much since my progress is once again put on hold... I gave up on Cochlear's forums, I just felt lost there.

Back