Clueless for birthday decorations

Reaction score
It's one thing when it comes to making balloons and it takes awhile. However, decorating is where I'm not really skilled at. I used streamers, but they don't look pretty or too low. My decorations are always fixed by either my dad or my sisters. They enjoy it a lot.

The problem is...I won't have any help this time and I want it to look good this time. The only thing I'm good at is making birthday poster and pretty much anything art related.

The theme this time is "Family history" "Family Tree" or "Family Crest/coat of arms" sort of a thing. It's for my dad and he actually likes these stuff.

So, what should I do? The floor to ceiling is like 8 feet at least, I'm five feet, and the chair can only go up to two feet at least up in the air. The decorations are lower. I don't have much of "Ladder" equipment or meant to be indoors. =\

Just make a nice cake and perhaps a poster of your family's tree. And maybe a nice card.

It's the thought that counts.

Hmmm... you have a big wall... you could get some of the paper tablecloths and tape them to the wall, and draw a tree... putting your dad and mom's pictures in the "trunk" and all the kids and grandkids pictures in the branches?

I agree with the others. If art is your strength run with it. Your Dad will appreciate anything you make for him. Use you gifts to be creative. I can't wait to hear how he likes everything.

Hmmm... you have a big wall... you could get some of the paper tablecloths and tape them to the wall, and draw a tree... putting your dad and mom's pictures in the "trunk" and all the kids and grandkids pictures in the branches?

family tree - Google Search

this link has ideas of how to made a family tree , you could put photos of your pets in it too. They're apart of the famliy too. It could be fun drawing a tree that fit your famliy personality .
My dad used to love to eat fish so I made a birthday card for him and drew all the letters in shapes of fishes .

I'm with the other posters. Focus on decorating the walls, using your artistic skills and the family tree theme. Then all you need is an attractive table setting. I wouldn't worry about streamers or ceiling decorations. Does anyone still use streamers? Keep most of your most important decorations at standing eye level.

Another idea is a tablescape on a side table, including framed family pictures, albums, or other family heritage mementos.

In another corner, you can set up a monitor that plays a slide show of family photos on a continuing cycle.

Bakeries can make edible photo cakes. You could have a special family photo on it.

I'm with the other posters. Focus on decorating the walls, using your artistic skills and the family tree theme. Then all you need is an attractive table setting. I wouldn't worry about streamers or ceiling decorations. Does anyone still use streamers? Keep most of your most important decorations at standing eye level.

Another idea is a tablescape on a side table, including framed family pictures, albums, or other family heritage mementos.

In another corner, you can set up a monitor that plays a slide show of family photos on a continuing cycle.

Bakeries can make edible photo cakes. You could have a special family photo on it.

That is great idea, it would be neat to try and find old photos and made copies for the guests.

Back