closed captions on tv show!!

horselover61

Reaction score
Hey Have you noticed that when you were watching Extreme Makover and the closed captions doesnt stay on long enough for us to read or no show at all. I wanted to file complain about that.

There is other show does that too like Wife swap and Nanny911. Damn I am so pissed that I dont understand what is going on but have to guess and watch the show and figure out what the heck is going on.

Can you help me with this situation. Who should I file the complaint to? Thanks you.

Ahh I have no idea lol but I am copying of Extreme Makover and I am at my mom's home right now that I watched it it said CC on hmm werid :dunno:

I know it does have cc but it doesnt stay on the screen long enough for me to read. The stupid company expected us to be a speed reader but lot of deaf and hoh are not speed reader. It stay on like for 1 sec and then gone poof.

I have the same problem on any channel. I would complain to FCC or any one of those stations, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. It does drives me nuts.

I understand that problems. Same with me, sometime finally stay too long but sometime it don't get stay that long. I do hate it but I wish to know where to report to.

Well, on the movies or tv shows, people tend to speak fast or there's a fast conversations and the captions had to move to catch up what has been said. Sometime I do catch what was said, sometime I don't. I wish the captions would show line by line from left to right like it does on the news channel that would be great and we can understand what its all about. If you know what I mean? But i know news and program shows are different and captions tend to show what one side says and then appear on what other side says, so on makes it difficult to catch conversations. I don't watch TV show that much but I tend to rent movies. So I don't know whom to complain but I think FCC would be a start since they are part of communications system :dunno:

Well, on the movies or tv shows, people tend to speak fast or there's a fast conversations and the captions had to move to catch up what has been said. Sometime I do catch what was said, sometime I don't. I wish the captions would show line by line from left to right like it does on the news channel that would be great and we can understand what its all about. If you know what I mean? But i know news and program shows are different and captions tend to show what one side says and then appear on what other side says, so on makes it difficult to catch conversations. I don't watch TV show that much but I tend to rent movies. So I don't know whom to complain but I think FCC would be a start since they are part of communications system :dunno:

I agree, it is the reason, they talked fast and also, too many conversation at the same times, there are varies, I know it's hard to catch up their saying.

But but I didnt have that problem before but now it getting worse. I dont know what is their problem but as far as I know the company is trying to cut the cost to have cc on their shows. :rme:

You know what really bugs me? When cc comes up garbled! It's like they expect us to read what the person is sayin on tv! Do they really expect us to stick our noses to the screen and watch every lip movement?

How about when there's a new commercial?

Or when some dvds don't actually work and don't have cc as they've claimed.

maybe someone mess up with your cable that you subscribe? Or your cable company sucks.

I have no problem reading fast. I understand what you mean Horselover. :( Some show the CC go really fast and I don't catch it quickly...it happen once a while. Oh well....

I once learned from my hearing sister, ofc she use ASL as well, that sometime CC don't display everything the conversation is going on. Sometime people talk too fast and CC just delete some words to catch up the conversations. If you're a good lip-reader, you might notice the difference/delay in CC and people's conversation.

I have the same problem on any channel. I would complain to FCC or any one of those stations, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. It does drives me nuts.

Same with MTV too.

MTV rejected to added CC on new shows but most of them are coming on 2nd shows, after first new is over.

Back