Closed Captioned shows & Movies at Hulu.com (List)

They have recently added a brand-new show to Hulu:

"Mental"

This one is very good, I watched the pilot episode yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I just thought I'd start this thread so we can help each other out. Many of the major TV networks are now broadcasting their TV shows online. Some of them are closed captioned or subtitled. So below I'll share the ones I know of. Please add to the list if you know of more.

hulu.com
This site has closed captioning on some of their shows and movies. If you've never been to this site. If the show is closed captioned you'll click the little CC on the bottom of the player to turn the captions on (optionally, if you're signed in and in your profile change the settings so the CC automatically come on).

Here are the shows that are closed captioned at hulu.com that I've found so far:

TV Episodes
  • House
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • Kitchen Nightmares
  • Bones
  • Are you smarter then a 5th grader
  • Prison Break
  • Hole in the wall
  • Family Guy
  • It's always sunny in Philadelphia
  • Do not disturb
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • 'Til Death
  • Talk show with Spike Feresten

Movies
I've only found one movie that is captioned at hulu.com so far. Although I admit I haven't looked for many yet.
  • Eddie Murphy Raw

Incidentally. Here's a little tip to finding closed captioned shows and movies at that site. While browsing around the "Recently Added" or "Most popular" lists. If you're using firefox go to "edit" then "Find". In the text box type "(cc)". Then when you go to a page on the list click the "Highlight All" in the search. If there are any closed captioned episodes on that page they'll be highlighted in yellow. If there aren't then the "Find search box" will turn red and tell you there are none on that page.

If you find more CC's TV episodes or movies please add them to this list. It'll save some of us some time searching around.

Ron Jaxon

Thank! I just tried it and the picture is nice a clear , better than my tv! And I love that is has CC!
I have it my favorties list!

Yes! I've used Hulu before and I love it. Though finding some of my favorite shows without captioning is frustrating, especially when, on TV, they did have captioning. It's a bizarre set-up.

I do hope they continue to add captioning to more movies and TV shows.

Good idea to make this list for curious folks. I should try checking to see what else has captioning.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Especially when CSI (LV, Miami and NYC) aint CC'd online. That pisses me off cuz I'm a diehard CSI fan and it galls me not to be able to have my CSI fix with CC online.

This is like CBS in the 1980's when they REFUSED to CC their shows while ABC and NBC were doing it. Now history repeats itself on the internet. Ugh...

However the solace with Hulu is I finally got to watch the Fall Guy 1st season with CC :) I think Hulu will be adding a lot more CC stuff to their playlist.

im big fans of CSI:Miami when i setup dvr

Hulu has been terrific.

Now you can go to the main website and search videos that have closed captions.

Back