Closed Captioned Fitness DVDs

shastar

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone knows of any fitness DVDs on the market that are CC. I have looked in our very well financed library system. I have bought numerous DVDs that have the "CC" marked on the cover jacket, but really are not closed captioned. I don't know why manufacturer puts "CC" on the DVD jacket, but the product is not captioned.

I like aerobics, cardio or fat burning exercise DVDs the best. I would be happy to find something captioned so I can be in step with those that are on the DVD. If they are not captioned, I am always out of step by one or two routines. I thought it would be beneficial to have CC DVD fitness tapes over going to a group fitness class because I am always out of step there too due to I can hear the instructor's voice, but I can't make out the words well enough to know the next step.

Any feedback on this would be very helpful!

Thanks - I am a newbie to this website.

Not getting any responses

Well after 40 something people have read my post and not one response, so I guess I have not hit the right cord with anyone yet. Hmmmm.

i just want to say i read your post but i don't know any fitness dvd that cc! have you tried tae-bo? i like tae-bo but i don't have any dvds. i hope you get answer soon!

tae-bo

I just looked at tae-bo online. Looks like you have to have very good balance to stand on one leg that long and be kicking upward repeatedly. It looks good, but I would probably tip over. Can you do tae-bo?

I don't understand why so many fitness DVDs are captioned on the cover jackets, but they are not captioned.

I just looked at tae-bo online. Looks like you have to have very good balance to stand on one leg that long and be kicking upward repeatedly. It looks good, but I would probably tip over. Can you do tae-bo?

I don't understand why so many fitness DVDs are captioned on the cover jackets, but they are not captioned.

Perhaps they are not really closed captioned. It might have subtitles and they needs to be turned on in the root menu of the DVD you are playing. the subtitles are acutally calledd open captions as they are printed right on the screen with no background behind the letters. Some DVD remotes have a subtitles button you can use that to select english. Have you tried that yet ?

Back