Closed Caption box needed

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
My fiance's grandmother gave me a 20-inch TV today, but it is made in 1992 and does not come with Closed Captions decoder embedded in the TV, so I am looking for a used Closed Caption box that works. I would appreciate it so much if someone is able to give me a working Closed Captions box. I don't care how old it is, as long as it works fine. Thank you so much in advance! :ty:

What about digital Set Top Box? These can be found anywhere in any various prices,

What about digital Set Top Box? These can be found anywhere in any various prices,

Do you mean DTV converter box? I can't afford $40-$60 for one, and my voucher for the DTV converter box already expired. I have only one DTV converter box, and it is for my bedroom TV. The TV I got today goes in the living room.

This brings me an idea, what about a device I can't remember what's called, but it transmits whatever that shows from your bedroom TV to the other, like they use it for cable TV and such.

This brings me an idea, what about a device I can't remember what's called, but it transmits whatever that shows from your bedroom TV to the other, like they use it for cable TV and such.

I am not sure what you are talking about? A splitter? I doubt that would work for closed captions.

I still have my old TV decoder. I've been holding it for someone who would use it. You up for it? Pay shipping costs?

Do you mean DTV converter box? I can't afford $40-$60 for one, and my voucher for the DTV converter box already expired. I have only one DTV converter box, and it is for my bedroom TV. The TV I got today goes in the living room.

You can look for DTV converter box with built-in CC at low cost in wal mart or target store. less than $40. You try to go there.

You can look for DTV converter box with built-in CC at low cost in wal mart or target store. less than $40. You try to go there.

I don't have $40. I am on a fixed income (SS and SSI) and I can't work due to my medical problems. And I do have a DTV converter box for my bedroom TV, but I hate their CC format (I paid for it with the government DTV voucher, I had two vouchers, but the second one expired. They are too small (I even tried to adjust the font size, still too small, and I don't like their font design). I need large font that are readable, even with my glasses on. A regular CC decoder box is better, I can read their font. Plus, with the DTV converter I have, the CC disappears from time to time, which greatly annoys me to no end. I miss a lot of what is being said.

Cheaper to buy a tv that has closed captioning then to buy a decoder box.

Back