close caption box to buy for tv

irishred

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 62 inch sony projectiion tv with high resolution. I can no longer use the remote control (the infored on tv is shot) I cannot use the close captioning because it can only be used with the remote. I brought DV1-AV Closed Caption/V-Chip Decoder but it isnt compatiable with the special dishtv receiver. It has a recording option in it. What else can I do. I can no longer watch tv because I need the close captioning.

Thank you.

Do you have any manual controls on your TV like the menu to see if you can get to the caption setting page?

Hi,

I have a 62 inch sony projectiion tv with high resolution. I can no longer use the remote control (the infored on tv is shot) I cannot use the close captioning because it can only be used with the remote. I brought DV1-AV Closed Caption/V-Chip Decoder but it isnt compatiable with the special dishtv receiver. It has a recording option in it. What else can I do. I can no longer watch tv because I need the close captioning.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you.

You can purchase a universal remote that will control your TV.

Here's a company that makes good, inexpensive ones (as well as good expensive ones):

One For All Universal Remotes

I've used this one: Amazon.com: One for All URC 8910 Universal Remote Control: Electronics

It's excellent and controls EVERYTHING I have.

But, if you have the HD-DVR from Dish that 622, and are using componant or HDMI connections, then you have to turn on closed captioning on the Dish box.

Here are instructions:
Tech Portal : How To : Closed Captioning

I guess the best option is to fix that infrared thing?

You can purchase a universal remote that will control your TV.

Here's a company that makes good, inexpensive ones (as well as good expensive ones):

One For All Universal Remotes

I've used this one: Amazon.com: One for All URC 8910 Universal Remote Control: Electronics

It's excellent and controls EVERYTHING I have.

But, if you have the HD-DVR from Dish that 622, and are using componant or HDMI connections, then you have to turn on closed captioning on the Dish box.

Here are instructions:
Tech Portal : How To : Closed Captioning
That won't work. It's the television that's not accepting remote signals, not the remote itself.

That won't work. It's the television that's not accepting remote signals, not the remote itself.

Ah I see that now. Oops. But the bottom line is that if he has an HD receiver, the TV won't decode the CC--the receiver will.

How did the infrared thing stop working? What happened?

Hi,

Thank you all for responding to my request for help. I asked the sony ppl and was told the only way for close caption to come on is from the remote control. I had the infrared section on the tv replaced 3 times but each time it would only worked for a few times and goes out. The only thing I can hopefully do is to buy the close caption box compatiable to my dishtv receiver.

Hi,

Thank you all for responding to my request for help. I asked the sony ppl and was told the only way for close caption to come on is from the remote control. I had the infrared section on the tv replaced 3 times but each time it would only worked for a few times and goes out. The only thing I can hopefully do is to buy the close caption box compatiable to my dishtv receiver.

What is your current DISH receiver?

If you get REALLY CLOSE to the IR input with your remote, does it work?

What model of TV do you have? The model number and manufacturer?

that's why I required to find TV that make easy to select on menus without required on remote.

i dont really have the model number but it is 62 inch sony projection tv

it's a 62 inch sony projection tv and 625 dish receiver

I tried what you suggested and it doesnt work but thank you for your help.

it's a 62 inch sony projection tv and 625 dish receiver

The model number of the sony tv is KP-61HS10

what's wrong wth use your leg and walk toward your TV and change the setting? It's good exercise for you.

LOL no, if you read my previous statements, it's said that I can
only use the close caption option on my remote control which doesn't have that option on the tv menu. I have to fix my tv first to accept the signal from my remote control then I can use the option for my tv. so in other words, I can use my legs but even that won't work.

Back