Clinton and McCain win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitin

Reaction score
From the New York Times: Clinton Is Victor, Turning Back Obama; McCain Also Triumphs

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York rode a wave of female support to a surprise victory over Senator Barack Obama in the New Hampshire Democratic primary on Tuesday night. In the Republican primary, Senator John McCain of Arizona revived his presidential bid with a Lazarus-like victory.

The success of Mrs. Clinton and Mr. McCain followed their third- and fourth-place finishes in the Iowa caucuses last week. Mrs. Clinton’s victory came after her advisers had lowered expectations with talk of missteps in strategy and concern about Mr. Obama’s momentum after his first-place finish in Iowa. Her team is now planning to add advisers and undertake a huge fund-raising drive to prepare for a tough and expensive fight with Mr. Obama in the Democratic nominating contests over the next four weeks.

Mr. McCain had pursued a meticulous and dogged turnaround effort: his second bid for the White House was in tatters last summer because of weak fund-raising and a blurred political message, leading him to fire senior advisers and refocus his energy on New Hampshire. -

With 91 percent of the electoral precincts reporting, Mrs. Clinton had 39 percent of the vote, Mr. Obama 36 percent, and John Edwards 17 percent. On the Republican side, Mr. McCain had 37 percent, Mr. Romney 32 percent and Mike Huckabee 11 percent.

They are still not done yet til the final November election vote. McCain is already beat Obama by one point.

There is more primary vote going on. I voted yesterday. It was my first time. :eek:

First, let me say that I have no problem with having a woman for President. Just not :barf: Hillary, okay!!? We have had enough of, what, 15 years of the Bush/Clinton crap and we fought for a long time for term limits and now we want to elect ex Presidents' spouses, too?...makes no sense to me. Personally, I feel that the Clinton's are still married for only political expediency. If Hillary does not (and I don't think she will) get her party's nomination, the Clintons will divorce.

First, let me say that I have no problem with having a woman for President. Just not :barf: Hillary, okay!!? We have had enough of, what, 15 years of the Bush/Clinton crap and we fought for a long time for term limits and now we want to elect ex Presidents' spouses, too?...makes no sense to me. Personally, I feel that the Clinton's are still married for only political expediency. If Hillary does not (and I don't think she will) get her party's nomination, the Clintons will divorce.[/QUOTE]

What gave you that opinion?

First, let me say that I have no problem with having a woman for President. Just not :barf: Hillary, okay!!? We have had enough of, what, 15 years of the Bush/Clinton crap and we fought for a long time for term limits and now we want to elect ex Presidents' spouses, too?...makes no sense to me. Personally, I feel that the Clinton's are still married for only political expediency. If Hillary does not (and I don't think she will) get her party's nomination, the Clintons will divorce.[/QUOTE]

What gave you that opinion?

Hi, Shel, if you had been following even a tenth of what's been going on with the Clintons from as far back as when he was Governor, there are untold numbers of stories of infidelity cover-ups, bribery, murder, etc, etc.

Hillary Robbem Clinton cannot get away from the media's constant reminders of Bill's wayward ways. I think she seems to think that if she were President, Bill will behave a little better back in the White House with the always-present press corps.

Dig a little bit and you will be shocked. Look for books written about them as I cannot off-hand recall their titles right now.

Any one here think Hillary will win the nomination of her party?

Hi, Shel, if you had been following even a tenth of what's been going on with the Clintons from as far back as when he was Governor, there are untold numbers of stories of infidelity cover-ups, bribery, murder, etc, etc.

Hillary Robbem Clinton cannot get away from the media's constant reminders of Bill's wayward ways. I think she seems to think that if she were President, Bill will behave a little better back in the White House with the always-present press corps.

Dig a little bit and you will be shocked. Look for books written about them as I cannot off-hand recall their titles right now.

Yea, I remember all those issues. I was thinking in more of terms that Bill would dump her if she didnt win. Now, I get it.

Any one here think Hillary will win the nomination of her party?

I think it will be a close race between Hillary and Obama.

All I know is that I am ready for anyone else other than white man to be president.

Unless that is if white man is a lot better than rest of others. But so far I have seen, it's not like that this year. So I am ready for a change and I think we need it, big time.

I think it will be a close race between Hillary and Obama.

All I know is that I am ready for anyone else other than white man to be president.

Unless that is if white man is a lot better than rest of others. But so far I have seen, it's not like that this year. So I am ready for a change and I think we need it, big time.

I agree with u.

My hubby and I were just discussing that about an hour ago.

Also, if either Hillary or Obama wins the presidency, the pressure will be extremely high on them cuz Americans will be expecting a lot from them.

I would vote either Hillary or Osbama... not Mc Cain he has violence temper...

I would vote Obama or Clinton if who is won from primary vote.

I would vote either Hillary or Osbama... not Mc Cain he has violence temper...

Why would violence temper affected to you? There were some presidents that has the off-tempers, defnitely, Andrew Jackson.

I remember an interview Hillary gave to, I believe, Katie Couric, some years ago about all the stuff told about them. She said that when Chelsea was little, she used to come home from school crying because of what the other kids said to her about her parents. Hillary said she and Bill had to sit down with her and calmly discuss all of it and it was just politics and none of it is true. She said she and Bill have been accused of everything, including murder, and there is no proof because it never happened. None of it did.

Now, say what you want, but I don't believe a word of any or the alleged affairs Mr. Clinton had with anyone, much less Monica Lewinsky, especially when she told friends back home that she was going to Washington, D.C. and wanted to have an affair with the president. I talked with a woman at the Clinton Library earlier last year (2007) and we agreed that any woman, in her right mind, would NOT have drycleaned that dress -- the one that supposedly had a semen stain on it.

I said all of that to say this: You've gotta get up pretty early to pull the wool over my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back