Climate Skeptics See 'Smoking Gun' in Researchers' Leaked E-Mails

China and a few other developing nations rejected the core targets in the Copenhagen climate plan.
Big developing states reject Copenhagen climate plan | Green Business | Reuters
It says in part, "The four rejected key targets proposed by the Danish climate talk hosts in a draft text--halving global greenhouse gases by 2050, setting a 2020 deadline for a peak in emissions, and limiting global warming to a maximum 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial times, Euopean diplomats say."
Sounds to me everyone agrees that global warming is indeed man made in part.

Temps will rise and fall irrespective of what we do (short of having an all out nuclear war). Again, it's about finding a way to make money out of this and to tax people of all stripes and seek greater control over the masses.

Temps will rise and fall irrespective of what we do (short of having an all out nuclear war). Again, it's about finding a way to make money out of this and to tax people of all stripes and seek greater control over the masses.

Hmmmm, if you can admit that it is your opinion, I will respect it. Insisting that it is fact turns me off.

Hmmmm, if you can admit that it is your opinion, I will respect it. Insisting that it is fact turns me off.

This is what many scientists agree on, including me. Climate conditions and temperatures have always changed from one extreme to another over time over the hundred, thousands, millions and even billion of years. It wasn't long ago, geologically speaking, that CO2 concentration was in the 1000 to 2000 ppm range. Yet man wasn't around to cause that. It's been proven that several hundred years ago temperature was much warmer then than it is now and it wasn't man's doing since population at the time was much, much lower then, of course.

Again, I am agreeing on what reputable and scholarly scientists have found on the history of climate change and the fact that CO2 concentration has little if any affect on influencing temperature change. Certainly not in a major way like what water vapor can do.

I guess the military's Weather Warfare program was a total fiasco.

From a university database, please.

Please understand the meaning of the word "peer-reviewed" and it's not a sign of absolute proof but it does allow scientists to examine and even poke holes to see how these things stand up. I think you clearly misunderstand or aren't clear yourself when you say "Peer review papers, please." and not know that "peer-review" doesn't mean absolute proof. I've given you a link and a source to thousands of "peer-reviewed" articles, journals or letters accepted by the geoscience establishments.

Just choose one in the Google's journal search section.

Here's one for you to start. Have fun with it. Directly from Google scholar search. And note the URL address, too and where it came from.
http://hal-insu.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/29/70/30/PDF/adgeo-13-31-2007.pdf

Please understand the meaning of the word "peer-reviewed" and it's not a sign of absolute proof but it does allow scientists to examine and even poke holes to see how these things stand up. I think you clearly misunderstand or aren't clear yourself when you say "Peer review papers, please." and not know that "peer-review" doesn't mean absolute proof. I've given you a link and a source to thousands of "peer-reviewed" articles, journals or letters accepted by the geoscience establishments.

Just choose one in the Google's journal search section.

Here's one for you to start. Have fun with it. Directly from Google scholar search. And note the URL address, too and where it came from.
http://hal-insu.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/29/70/30/PDF/adgeo-13-31-2007.pdf

in other word - you do not have substantial source to back your claim... yea

Thank you.

And no, it's because the people I have worked with will dock marks or disregard theses if the sources can be found through Google Scholars. :)

Leaked emails won't harm UN climate body, says chairman
There is "virtually no possibility" of a few scientists biasing the advice given to governments by the UN's top global warming body, its chair said today.

Rajendra Pachauri defended the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in the wake of apparent suggestions in emails between climate scientists at the University of East Anglia that they had prevented work they did not agree with from being included in the panel's fourth assessment report, which was published in 2007.

The emails were made public this month after a hacker illegally obtained them from servers at the university.

Pachauri said the large number of contributors and rigorous peer review mechanism adopted by the IPCC meant that any bias would be rapidly uncovered.

"The processes in the IPCC are so robust, so inclusive, that even if an author or two has a particular bias it is completely unlikely that bias will find its way into the IPCC report," he said.

"Every single comment that an expert reviewer provides has to be answered either by acceptance of the comment, or if it is not accepted, the reasons have to be clearly specified. So I think it is a very transparent, a very comprehensive process which insures that even if someone wants to leave out a piece of peer reviewed literature there is virtually no possibility of that happening."

The IPCC, which was set up by the UN in 1988, is the world's leading authority on climate change. It advises governments on the science behind the problem and was awarded the Nobel peace prize along with Al Gore in 2007.

Pachauri was responding to one email from 2004 in which Professor Phil Jones, the head of the climatic research unit at UEA, said of two papers he regarded as flawed: "I can't see either … being in the next Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report. Kevin [Trenberth] and I will keep them out somehow – even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"

Pachauri said it was not clear whether the wording of the emails reflected the scientists' intended actions, but said: "I really think people should be discreet … in this day and age anything you write, even privately, could become public and to put anything down in writing is, to say the least, indiscreet … It is another matter to talk about this to your friends on the telephone or person to person but to put it down in writing was indiscreet. If someone was to say something like this in an IPCC authors' meeting then there are others who would chew him up."

Jones has denied any suggestion that he tried to suppress scientific evidence he disagreed with or that he manipulated data.

Some commentators, including the former chancellor Nigel Lawson and the environmental campaigner and Guardian writer George Monbiot, have called on Jones to resign but Pachauri said he did not agree. He said an independent inquiry into the emails would achieve little, but there should be a criminal investigation into how the emails came to light.

Pachauri said he doubted that trust in the IPCC would be damaged by the affair. "People who are aware of how the IPCC functions and are appreciative of the credibility that the IPCC has attained will probably not be swayed by an incident of this kind," he said.

He pointed out that five days after the emails were made public, Barack Obama announced a major commitment to cutting greenhouse gas emissions ahead of the UN climate summit in Copenhagen.

:hmm:

Back