clean house before vacation?

Do you clean your house before you go on vacation or short trip?

• yes

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
I'm STILL the only one that voted no??? Oy!!! I am a social deviant!!! A social outcast!!! My house will be robbed and the robbers will be too busy laughing to steal anything. I will get home and the cops will ask me how I could possibly know that anything was stolen. Oh! I am ashamed, abashed, inconsolable, my misery knows no limit. Sob! :Ohno:

I'm just kidding. :giggle: No, I don't clean before vacation, but my house is usually not messy anyway. except right now, looks like a bomb went off in my living room. I am in the process of moving. I *hate* moving! :shock:

Or maybe a messy house will make it hard for the robbers to find anything worthy to steal? :lol:

I'm STILL the only one that voted no??? Oy!!! I am a social deviant!!! A social outcast!!! My house will be robbed and the robbers will be too busy laughing to steal anything. I will get home and the cops will ask me how I could possibly know that anything was stolen. Oh! I am ashamed, abashed, inconsolable, my misery knows no limit. Sob! :Ohno:

I'm just kidding. :giggle: No, I don't clean before vacation, but my house is usually not messy anyway. except right now, looks like a bomb went off in my living room. I am in the process of moving. I *hate* moving! :shock:

that messy? sounds like cockroaches had to ride in dune buggies! :lol:

that messy? sounds like cockroaches had to ride in dune buggies! :lol:

It wasn't so bad until I noticed they were setting up sight seeing tours with historic landmarks! :giggle: Forget cleaning, I'm just going to bulldoze the place! :laugh2:

Well - with our house, even thought I clean, it still has a lot of messy areas, but that's mainly due to a 2nd family living here. MIL has her stuff and all, never made room for us, and then we moved in and with our family of 5, we have needs. She originally thought us all living together would work, but while she still thinks things are okay, we have cried foul. I have basically told hubby something must be done, or I will find somewhere for at least me, my mother and the kids to stay. He finally realized I was serious and that's how we got to making plans to convert the garage.

Our constant "messy" state is due to not having anywhere to put things.

I also clean the house inside, the yard outside, and all the laundry right before a hurricane hits. If we're going to be without electricity and water for days or weeks, I want to be prepared. :D

Back