Clay Aiken is GAY!

Well, the real question is, what is he going to sing about now?

I agree on that, Byrdie. That was a publicity stunt. I don't particularly object to his announcing that he is gay, although I don't think it was necessary, as I can't imagine that there are many who didn't already recognize that. I do however, think that the manner in which he chose to do so was ill conceived. His sexuality really shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

It was an 'open' secret that Clay is gay. Them magazines pay the big bucks, and he'd be an idiot to not turn it down if he needed the money. Doesn't mean it wasn't graceful... I mean, he could have held a GLBT-friendly press conference to make a meaningful statement poised to help everyone with his celebrity. He would have gotten a good kind of celebrity and have a better rep, but now he's just another selfish famous person.

Hmmm... this reminds me of the celebrities selling photos of their babies.... the magazines would have gotten the photos for free one way or another, but sometimes I think people go too far... on the side of celebrity.

:hmm:

I'm so disgusted after found out, he is gay. He shouldn't hide his own identity in the first place. I thought how funny his behavior acts like a feminine, ever since that made me wonder all for nothing. Oh boy, that turns me off.

Clay Akin is Gay??? Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Come on people. I don't even have gaydar and I knew he was gay the first moment I saw him. Technically he is Bi since he obviously had sex with a woman.

Clay Akin is Gay??? Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Come on people. I don't even have gaydar and I knew he was gay the first moment I saw him. Technically he is Bi since he obviously had sex with a woman.

Yup, I knew too.

No he did not.

He paid for a surrogate woman to carry his child.....

Congrats to him for finally coming out..

Why did this thread turn into personal attacks by some?? Seriously folks, if he finally came out, good for him. No need to call each other names?

Congrats to him for finally coming out..

Why did this thread turn into personal attacks by some?? Seriously folks, if he finally came out, good for him. No need to call each other names?

My question is, "Why is it deemed necessary for someone to announce publicly that they are homosexual? I don't have a problem with anyone who chooses to be openly gay, but to make a public announcement simply isn't necessary. How many people make a public announcement that they are heterosexual? All it does is place the focus on a person's sexual orientation, and that should not be a concern for anyone. Homosexual or heterosexual....it shouldn't matter one way or another.

Coming out to family and friends is one thing. Making a public announcement is quite another. The fact that it is a topic of public discussion just shows that we are not quite as accepting as we would like to believe we are as a society.

when i first heard he came out, i was like "omg.." because i'd been hearing rumors that he was gay for years, and i thought it was just people making fun of him, but now that i know it's true, i was really surprised.

Hey....I think this might be a good thing. Might get more Middle Americans to realize that GLB America is just basicly like them!

"I'm gay"
"oh! I'm happy for you!"

"I'm marry to underage girl"
"oh! I'm happy for you!"

"I'm pregnant" (15 years old)
"Oh! I'm happy for you!"

"I'm stupid"
"Oh! I'm happy for you!"

"I'm in jail for DWI, that's hot."
"Oh! I'm happy for you!"

Oh PowerOn, you make me Crack up!!! That was funny!!

No he did not.

He paid for a surrogate woman to carry his child.....

Oh really? I didn't know that...I would've assumed that he had sex with a women because he had a child...Oh well, I'm happy for him. I'm sure he'll be a great father.

Oh and in other news the Pope is Catholic and ursine mammals shit in the woods.

Back