Ci's and Cell Phones

neecy

Reaction score
I just updated my blog with the information I was able to collect regarding finding a cell phone that is compatible with a CI. I also included some pictures showing how I use an earbud headset with my processor. Hope it might be of use to some of you!

Confessions of a Cochlear Implantee

Thanks for the link. I made it a point to buy a cell phone that is t4 and m4 compatiable. I still had to learn how to use the cell phone like never setting speed dial to 3 because I was calling up movies theaters and they had instructions like press 1 press 2 press 3 at midnight and I had my parents' speed dial set to 3. Guess which number I pressed? They wanted to know why I'd call them at midnight. I changed my speed dial to 10 so this wouldn't happen again.

Thanks for the link. I made it a point to buy a cell phone that is t4 and m4 compatiable. I still had to learn how to use the cell phone like never setting speed dial to 3 because I was calling up movies theaters and they had instructions like press 1 press 2 press 3 at midnight and I had my parents' speed dial set to 3. Guess which number I pressed? They wanted to know why I'd call them at midnight. I changed my speed dial to 10 so this wouldn't happen again.
Sometimes, they change the menu options. Also, not every speed dial works with menu options.

Sometimes, they change the menu options. Also, not every speed dial works with menu options.

My speed dial doesn't have menu options so I had to reset it to 10 so I wouldn't be calling my parents by mistake. Also, another thing that I had to learn is to keep your phone software updated so it works at all times.

My speed dial doesn't have menu options so I had to reset it to 10 so I wouldn't be calling my parents by mistake. Also, another thing that I had to learn is to keep your phone software updated so it works at all times.

I think after looking at my posts, I still have a lot to learn about using cellphones and I've never used a cell phone or even spoken to my family on the phone till I was 40. So there's a lot I don't know about cell phones that most hearing seem to know by heart.

Reset it to 10? What do you mean? Don't you have keyguard?

Reset it to 10? What do you mean? Don't you have keyguard?

I've just googled keyguards and verizon wireless apparently doesnt' have keyguards installed on it and I think I'd have to download it.

In order for me to set speed dials, I have to go to contacts then select speed dials and then assign a phone number to speed dial to number 1, 2, 3 etc. That's it as far as I know. Though most lines from what I see rarely go beyond press 1 press 2 press 3, I made it a point to use 10 and above for speed dials.

just found this site that explains keyguards on cellphones and flip type cellphones apprently don't have that. My cell phone is a flip type. I can't find the keyguard feature on it even when I look for it under settings & tools section.

I got the new Blackberry curve for my bday. It really is awesome... I can hear great on it and text messaging is easier. Love it!

I've just googled keyguards and verizon wireless apparently doesnt' have keyguards installed on it and I think I'd have to download it.

In order for me to set speed dials, I have to go to contacts then select speed dials and then assign a phone number to speed dial to number 1, 2, 3 etc. That's it as far as I know. Though most lines from what I see rarely go beyond press 1 press 2 press 3, I made it a point to use 10 and above for speed dials.
Ok, instead of keyguard... do you have an option where no calls can be made?

My Sidekick 3 doesn't have keyguard, but I can disable outgoing calls unless certain phone numbers are included on the list. That way, if someone borrowed my phone and tried to make a call... they wouldn't be able to do it. :)

Ok, instead of keyguard... do you have an option where no calls can be made?

My Sidekick 3 doesn't have keyguard, but I can disable outgoing calls unless certain phone numbers are included on the list. That way, if someone borrowed my phone and tried to make a call... they wouldn't be able to do it. :)

Oh, I think i know what you're getting at. My phone does have that feature although it's a bit different from what you mentioned.

it's under phone settings> security but I just need to enter a code for that. When I find my phone manuel, I'll read up on this and make sure that I'm the only one making the calls.

Oh, I think i know what you're getting at. My phone does have that feature although it's a bit different from what you mentioned.

it's under phone settings> security but I just need to enter a code for that. When I find my phone manuel, I'll read up on this and make sure that I'm the only one making the calls.
That's the same with my phone. If I want to make a phone call, I simply unlock it using a pin number. :)

Back