Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600
Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100

Politics and Power Blog: vanityfair.com

So expensive to wear. :shock:

The sellers and designers of these things may have given them to her on loan to get more exposure to their wares. Celebrities do it often for special events.

Ohh, boyyy :lol: Women, eh?!

As for me, I wouldn't do such things like this woman. Why soo expensive to reveal how much a woman is worth ? I think that is foolish.

If, I am famous guy's daughter or wife, I would prefer to lie low or stay in a low profile rather than revealing myself on the stage for the whole world to see how much worth I wear ( jewelries, clothes and etc. ). Think about " kidnapping " or " breaking and entering house ", and all that. Gee, it does happen to some famous celebrities. :ugh3:

wtf.png

The sellers and designers of these things may have given them to her on loan to get more exposure to their wares. Celebrities do it often for special events.

Celebrities are suppose do that.

A politican's wife shouldn't be running around with a quarter of a million dollars worth of an outfit on her.

Especially if your husband was recently accused of being an elitist. All it did was reinforce that message.

If they are trying to reach the "common Joe voter"--they shouldn't be flaunting their lifestyle. They should've tone it down.

Oh.....wait a minute....they're Republicans. Never mind. :roll: :lol:

Celebrities are suppose do that.

A politican's wife shouldn't be running around with a quarter of a million dollars worth of an outfit on her.

Especially if your husband was recently accused of being an elitist. All it did was reinforce that message.

If they are trying to reach the "common Joe voter"--they shouldn't be flaunting their lifestyle. They should've tone it down.

Oh.....wait a minute....they're Republicans. Never mind. :roll: :lol:

:laugh2:

Politicians wives are not supposed to divert drugs intended for poor children to their own use, either, but she did it.

Did you read the whole article?

... So we asked our fashion department to price out their outfits.
These are guesses by their fashion department; it's not like having the receipts.

Cindy McCain
Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600
Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100
Did she buy all those things new just for the one night? Or did she already own the pearls and diamonds? Did she purchase them, or were they family heirlooms or anniversary presents, or other gifts? Does she wear her watch almost every day?

Shoes for $600 are not extravagant, especially if they are also made for wearability.

(All prices except Laura’s shoes and Cindy’s watch are estimates, and the jewelry prices are based on the assumption that the pieces are real.)
Did you read the above disclaimer that was included with the article?

If she used her own money for the items, it is her money to spend. So what? Her purchases keep industry rolling.

She is also generous in philanthropic work. How about some balance?

Long suffering liberals don't walk around in 300,000 dollar outfits.:giggle:
Can you prove that?

Self-labeled "long suffering" doesn't always equate to "poor".

Can you prove that?

Self-labeled "long suffering" doesn't always equate to "poor".

No, it equates to ethical behavior and making your actions match your words.

Can you prove they do? To date, the only information we have indicates that Cindy McCain did, indeed, appear at the RNC in a $300,000 outfit.

But then her husband classifies anyone making less than 5 mil as middle class. Go figure.

Back