Cigarettes prices.

In Iowa it is banned in restaurants, bars, workplaces, college campuses, and most public places.

Same here in Ontario, it's pretty much illegal to smoke in any public places. The only place you can smoke is at your home or outside public places, at least 2 or 3 metres away from the doors.

Same here in Ontario, it's pretty much illegal to smoke in any public places. The only place you can smoke is at your home or outside public places, at least 2 or 3 metres away from the doors.

Same here in Florida. Most public places have designated smoking areas for the smokers.

Some bars in Florida still allow smoking.

In Arkansas it is illegal to smoke in a car with a child in a car seat, if they are old enough to sit out of the car seat its fine, anyways, public places, restuarants, pretty much anywhere.

In NC as where I am and is obviously one of the famous states that grew tobacco, most public places such as restuants and bars banned smoking for inside so yeah pretty much alot of places has banned smoking inside buildings so must do it outside instead. *shrugs*

smoke

That is high smoke that is not good because waste of money. I try quite because smoke. I am tired because hard time,

That is difficult to money 10 smoke plus 2 for 2 smoke that is not good for you cancer that is not good.....

That is really serious becuase not good for you heart will stroke because that is not good for you health...

Serious oxygen for you breath .. I don't want ot asthama because worst to you health.....

That is really concern about to you smoke too much 200 worst for you health that is vomit......

Just found out. They said in April in this area will increase $7 additional to a carton.

So I am definitely going to pay a hundred of cartons while it's cheap still.

Just found out. They said in April in this area will increase $7 additional to a carton.

So I am definitely going to pay a hundred of cartons while it's cheap still.

Really? Where did you get that information from?

In Washington state--most public places ban smoking as well as you have to be 25 feet away from open windows and entrances to buildings.

In Washington state--most public places ban smoking as well as you have to be 25 feet away from open windows and entrances to buildings.

Most people don't adhere to those rules. Here at the nearest hospital that I go to for emergencies, they have banned smoking on the campus, you have to leave the hospital property and go across the street in order to legally light up a cigarette and smoke. I really wish people would respect that law/rule and not smoke at the ER or the Admission entrance doors, but no one does. Every time I go to the hospital for whatever reason (medical procedures, surgery, emergencies, visiting other patients, etc) I always see somebody smoking right in front of the doors. I shouldn't have to breathe other people's second hand smoke nor should I have to hold my breath while entering and leaving the hospital building to avoid second hand cigarette smoke. :mad2: :nono: Some people are so big-headed that they think that since this is America, it is OK to go ahead and light up around other people and to cause lung cancer in other people from your own smoking. I have had to ask many people to please NOT smoke around me, very politely, and they don't budge an inch. I'm the one that has to walk away from the bus stop in order to avoid the cigarette smoke, (I have to walk away at least 30 or more feet away because the downwind often sends the smoke so far down the sidewalk that I can still smell it which is quite far) therefore causing me to possibly miss the bus if I don't run back to the bus stop in time. It really isn't fair. I also don't get to sit down on the benches at the bus stops because I have to walk away from the bus stops to avoid breathing in the cigarette smoke, and I need to be able to sit down on the benches due to my hip dysplasia which makes it painful for me to stand. I had to choose pain over the risks of lung cancer and other lung diseases. It's not fair. It is NOT OK. I think smokers should be the one to walk away from the bus stops and other places like entrances and whatnot, since they are the ones creating the second-hand smoke that can cause lung cancer and other nasty lung diseases, not us. They are infringing on our rights to healthy and cancer-free lungs. The smokers say that WE are infringing on THEIR rights to smoke...well, why should we give them the right to cause lung cancer in us and children and other people from second-hand smoke? Second hand smoke do cause lung cancer, and I fear that I will get lung cancer one day because no one will respect us as non-smokers and not smoke around us especially if we object to it. Some people are so selfish that they think it's their right to smoke at bus shelters, at the hospital entrances, in restaurants, etc, even when there are signs posted that say very politely to please walk 25 feet away or across the street or whatever the sign dictates where the smokers are allowed to smoke. If I ever find out I have lung cancer, I will be very :mad2: and very :cry: and :( and very :Ohno: for my own life since it came from second hand smoke, which is not my fault, I did not bring it upon myself. Why should I suffer having lung cancer, suffer the awful side effects of chemo, and possibly DIE because some people have NO respect for OUR LUNGS? It is NOT fair. I even see some people smoke around their CHILDREN...what about them? :mad2: My cousin has a lung disease plus severe asthma due to her mother smoking for so many years while she was growing up, as well as her older sister smoking too as well. She also has been told by her doctor that she is also at risk for lung cancer as well. She has a hard time breathing, I have seen it. She is my age, 28, and we grew up together. I fear that she will end up with lung cancer because her mother and her older sister would not respect her lungs. Why do people insist on smoking around their children just because they think it is their right to do so? I do not understand why a mother or a father would smoke around their children fully knowing the risks and the effects second hand smoke can have on their children, including worse asthma problems, lung disease and other lung problems, and even lung cancer from their second hand smoke? If one of their children ends up being diagnosed with lung cancer and has to go through the very rough and tough chemotherapy treatment and gets very sick from the chemotherapy treatments in order to fight the cancer, is that fair to the child? No. It just isn't fair. Chemotherapy and other cancer treatments can be extremely rough, tough, dangerous, and very traumatizing to the child, and that is NOT fair to the child. I am just trying to understand why parents think it's okay to do this fully knowing all the risks and the effects of lung cancer? I would think that since they are a parent, they would care about their children more than about their own nicotine addiction, and either quit, or at least, go outside to smoke and stop smoking inside the house and stop smoking in the car (no matter whether the child is old enough to not need the car seat)?

My ex roommate's sister's fiance's father died in 2002 from lung cancer and he has NEVER smoked a single cigarette or cigar in his entire life. The lung cancer was from the second hand smoke, and he underwent the rough chemotherapy and did not make it. The cancer took over his body and he died about a year later.

My good friend Mike from Minnesota (who had moved out to California) smoked for so many years from when he was a young teenager and then quit in 2004. Then, in 2007 he was diagnosed with lung cancer and underwent chemotherapy for about a year. It was working at first. Then at the end of April 2008, he texted me and told me the bad news - that his lung cancer had suddenly metastasized to the rest of his body, and the doctors gave him only a year to live. He immediately began making arrangements to come back to Minnesota from California to be with his family but the pain from the cancer was too much for him and the doctors have tried many different CII medications to control his pain so that he would be able to tolerate the plane ride home so that his life partner could bring him back to Minnesota from California so that he could spend what little time he has left with his family and with his life partner, but unfortunately, they were not able to find the right combo of drugs to relieve his pain in time to bring him home - even though he was given a year to live, he only lived for two more weeks and died on May 12, 2008. If none of you believe me, I still have the funeral program complete with his full name, date of birth, date of death, the things done during the funeral service, names of family members that he is survived by, and two different poems/songs that I can scan and upload and post on here. I unfortunately was not able to attend the funeral as I could not afford a plane ticket back to Minnesota from Texas, but I keep in touch with his sister and his sister had sent me the funeral program. He was only 27 years old and he would have been 28 years old if he was still here today. His birthday was in September.

One of my friends here in San Antonio, his mother has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and she just began chemotherapy I believe on Feb 10th or around that date...I believe it was earlier this month. She is in her late 60s or early 70s (not very sure of the age, will have to ask my friend again) and my friend fears that her age may not work in her favor due to the rough and tough nature of the chemotherapy treatments which could weaken his mother to a great extent due to her age. I hope that she will make it and that she will beat the cancer.

I would think that our (the non-smokers' and especially the children's) rights to healthy and cancer-free lungs would take precedence over (take priority over/would be more important than) the smokers' rights to smoke which of course would cause lung cancer and other lung diseases from second hand smoke in non-smokers as well as lung cancer and other lung disease in themselves. I would like parents to stop smoking in the house or in the car if they have children (regardless of age), and I would like people to not light up a cigarette at the bus stop or at a hospital entrance or in front of the doctor's office entrance or a restaurant or whatever, and to go smoke in places where smoking are allowed such as in bars and clubs. I have no choice but to take the bus as I do not have a car, but I should not have to breathe in the second hand smoke from others who do smoke at the bus stop and other such places and will not respect my polite request that they move away a little bit or not smoke around me or at least move downwind so that when they are smoking, the wind will not blow the smoke my way, but will blow the smoke away from me. There are places that do allow smoking, go there, instead of not respecting our rights to healthy lungs. You want to pollute your own lungs and develop lung cancer and other serious lung disease, fine, go for it, it is your body and your lungs, as long as you do not do it around us or your children, please. Also, parents who smoke, also please take this into consideration that you could develop lung cancer while your child is still only a young child, and if the chemotherapy does not help and you are unable to beat the lung cancer, the child loses you to death due to lung cancer. Is that fair? I think not. No child should ever lose a parent to any kind of cause of death, ever.

I think it would be wonderful if everybody in the world who smokes would quit smoking. It would most certainly cut down on the number of cigarette-related lung cancer deaths in the long run if everybody who smokes quit and does not smoke ever again for the rest of their lives. You would see the end results of this after maybe 5 or 10 years of no one ever smoking, and the deaths would be way down by then. Of course I know that most likely won't happen, as there are way too many stubborn people in the world, but it would be great if it actually happened.

Back