CI users only

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
Curious, anyone of you who have CI. Do you not mind if someone touches your head or hair where the scars position were?

Just curious.

Well, someones gonna have to cut your hair eventually.

All kidding aside, are you referring to showing someone your implant/processor and the location of the implant ect?

No, for example, like giving you a hug but petting your head or stroking your hair.

Ohhh, nah I dont feel it annoying unless the processor is knocked off. I really dislike it when my processor falls off when im on the couch cuddling lol.

LOL! yeah that one too. Even my kids often jump on my hubby's back or front him and knock his processor off a lot.

yea same for me that i had surgery and left me some scars. Its annoying.
Guess it depends on individual's sensitive if anyone touches the head's scars. i was just curious.

Yeah my right is very used to having an processor on the skin, but my left, the skin gets irration after a day of wearing the processor

The recent one should be more sensitive than the older one. Thats interesting.

It make sense its not as sensitive as my left cause I had a processor on the ear for so many years that its like I dont even have a processor on my ear (even though I would).

My left is not used to having a processor on the ear therefore the ear gets sore.

But from scar point of view, my scar on my right has little amount of feeling compare to my left*

What if N5 is better on your left, will it be better and less sore??? N5 looks lighter to me. FYI I dont have a CI but my hub is. He got it when he was around 33 yrs old. He has a long history of vertigo, dizziness and nausea so he dislikes it when i touch his sensitve area even though he didnt have CI before. After He had a CI and still dislikes it if i touch his scar. :roll: LOL He is working on getting N5 somehow.

Nah, it doesnt matter what company or processor it is i dont think. I actually think the AB harmony is lighter? It is larger but I think its lighter than the N5
Everyones sensitivity is different so yeah it could brother him a lot while it doesnt for me.

If i am rough housing its fine as we are playing, the ci tends to fall off anyway or my head gets brushed/hitted (not intentionally)

Kids being curious and asks me if they can feel it, its fine

Adults rudely touches my hair to look at my CI, that's not fine...

Even know im not using my implant I like that area rubbed, It feels really good to have my head there rubbed and my boyfriend is nice to do it :)

I would certainly mind if people touched my CI out of the blue. I won't mind as much if they ask.

From reading the above: no itching - left side, no one has tried to take my processor yet. Not bothered yet. Just crossed 4 years. Lucky-so far!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

From reading the above: no itching - left side, no one has tried to take my processor yet. Not bothered yet. Just crossed 4 years. Lucky-so far!

I Notice your confused! I know you seems on reading careful watch once time!

:cool2:

Travis: what am I confused about- my experiences so far?

Back