CI Turn on Day for Me..

Does CI manipulate the brain?

No. All it does is feed signals to brain. The brain simply interpretates the signals into "sounds". It is no different than that of hearing sounds the normal way.

i am waiting to hear how it goes for felixcat.. but apparently she havent?? sigh.. hope shes doing fine.. :)

My CI hook up went great today. I hear myself typing on the keyboard right now. I can hear a door close, cabinet close and a car goes by. I can hear my own voice and my husband's but my kids voice and everything else is still a bit static right now. I just heard the mouse roll moving and the click on the mouse a few mintues ago.. wow that's awesome. They said I can turn on p2 if i wanted today so I went from p1 to p2. And my volume right now is 6. They said I am doing great for my first day. Hmm.. I will go back tomorrow for more mappings and see how that goes. I will let you know. :mrgreen:

My CI hook up went great today. I hear myself typing on the keyboard right now. I can hear a door close, cabinet close and a car goes by. I can hear my own voice and my husband's but my kids voice and everything else is still a bit static right now. I just heard the mouse roll moving and the click on the mouse a few mintues ago.. wow that's awesome. They said I can turn on p2 if i wanted today so I went from p1 to p2. And my volume right now is 6. They said I am doing great for my first day. Hmm.. I will go back tomorrow for more mappings and see how that goes. I will let you know. :mrgreen:

Wonderful .. that's good news. Does your husband have sexy voice??? haha

psst .. put music on and dance with him. hehe

*bangs desk*

You hear me now?

No? Let me know when you do! :)

Oh ok, I'm sure she'd tell ya hehe'

Yeah I can't wait for that part, she can hear just how loud she really is.
Blows my ear drums sometimes..LOL:lol:

Ok I think I've said enough on that part:whistle:

ha ha ... I'm asking FelixKat!!!

Btw .. get ready to test her hearing if she can hear herself moaning even yours too!

You've been "on" for 2 days already?? Wowser! That's awesome what you can hear already! Wonder if the static is wearing off a bit now?

The static is still there but not as bad as it is before. I heard myself opening the soda bottle top. I heard jeremy dialing on his cell phone. I heard a car went by too.. and a loud one last night! :eek3: I heard Kimana put something in the kitchen. And I heard a bit of fan going. Alot of things are still static.. they said that I will get used to it as time goes by.

They told me to stay on p1 since they hav emore updates there already.. and they said I can expiernece with P2 or p3 if i wanted.. I did with P2 for a while and wanted more.. so I am on P# and the volume is 6. Any advices and suggestions would be welcomed here! :mrgreen: I started a journal on sounds so my audiologist can know. :eek3:

Back