CI Teaser Activation

Thanks, about the CI, in my experience never heard a metallic sounds, but the extreme pitches (12k Hz and up, think of sounds from a tweeter speaker) are heard more strongly. As it looks to me, slightly better than an HA because speech is made sharper with the introduction of higher pitches, something we lose when we are deafened. But with 5 years of use, sounds are like what a hearie hears, but speech is still an ongoing progress. About my hearing loss, it originated from Scarlet Fever complications as an infant, but never noticed the loss til late grade school, it declined slowly since. Hope that helps! :)

Interesting ... that's what they think killed my hearing ... Scarlet Fever ...

Interesting ... that's what they think killed my hearing ... Scarlet Fever ...

I had that a couple times when I was a kid, but I start losing mine til I was in my 20s, and that from otosclerosis. BUT people that get it don't usually progress as bad as I did, wonder if the scarlet fever could have had something to do with it :hmm: not that it matters what's done is done right?

Hi crucking... down the line for me CI will be in my future. I am learning what all about. Also hoping to find few folks who have same kind of hearing loss like I have. You pretty much what I had but I was cought by the german messle before birth. I have to ask you this, how it sounds like after the CI implanted in you? does it sound close or same what you had before? does have a differnt sound pitch? does it feel any weight on your side?( implanted part).

I didn't get permanently activated yet. They only did a pre activation which was a test to make sure my auditory nerve was active and working with the implant electrodes. When my AuD turned on the voice, it was a bonus, not part of the test. It didn't sound normal due to not having it mapped and it didn't have the speech clarifying programs such as "clearvoice". It was tinny as they say but not that bad. I know it will sound a lot better after it gets mapped. She put the UHP on my head, which is the magnet and built in microphone that sticks to your head and it was wired to a box about the size of a pack of cigarettes in my hand and wired to a laptop. My processor was not unpacked from my kit yet and won't be till the big day on july 25th. I will be starting out with a Neptune and get the BTE next generation processor later when it gets approved by the FDA. It is smaller than the Harmony and it's loaded with nice features. I will let you know how the new BTE processor feels on my ear and how good it works when I get it.

Back