CI, Static Electricity and Winter Coats

Wow! I didn't know this would be a controversial subject, too! :)

We are going to throw caution to the wind and put her in a fleece jacket. It is just We have the spare processor and her mapping sessions are close enough together right now that it wouldn't be too difficult to have the mapping redone.

I am avoiding stocking caps for now, though.

Wish the FDA cautioned to the parents of their Deaf babies about this situation.

It makes me very furious to seeing more and more Deaf babies get the cochlear implants without double check with FDA. They go through suffer with their CI, Static Electricity and Winter Coats

When they get older and disown their parents because they are disappointed what the parents who are not accept for who they are. :pissed:

:roll: Please leave these parents alone! Either get educated or open up your mind or stay away from these threads! :squint:

FDA has nothing to do with winter coats!

Momtotoes, If you are going to throw caution to the wind,OK. But, do a little research. Look up ESD (electro static discharge). You will find the two biggest conductors when rubbed against skin are wool and fleece. You may do better with a full synthetic liner. Thats my .02.

Thanks Greema!

Lilly'sDad, I guess I should clarify: When I say "fleece" I am meaning a synthetic fleece.

The audiologist told us not to worry about a synthetic fleece jacket. She said our main concern are those plastic slides. ;) And she also suggested we avoid tight knit caps of any kind while she is wearing the equipment. That should be a little more difficult.

Thanks, Greema! :)

Wow! I didn't know this would be a controversial subject, too! :)

We are going to throw caution to the wind and put her in a fleece jacket. It is just We have the spare processor and her mapping sessions are close enough together right now that it wouldn't be too difficult to have the mapping redone.

I am avoiding stocking caps for now, though.

You can wear beanie or caps with CI, and its nothing to get wrong.

Back